How many BXers have a personalised number plate?

Anything about BXs
Aerodynamica
BXpert

How many BXers have a personalised number plate?

Post by Aerodynamica »

How many of you guys has a personalised 'plate?

and where do you live?

I personally hate them! but there was a finding in this article that I found strange..
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
M

Post by M »

Beeb wrote: The survey found owners of luxury cars, such as Ferraris, were more likely to splash out on the special registration numbers, with people who drive a Citroen BX the least likely to have them.
Never had one on the BX, but the wife does have one on the Zaffy.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I've never liked them myself. There's one round here which is S41AN.... so guess what??? Her name is Sian! Who gives a blind fig!!!!!

My parents used to have a Saab 99 Combe Coupe (great car btw) that came with the reg 22 E XX which I can only assume was meant to be a from of sexual reference? :?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Yep I have one, BUT as its too new to go on any of my fleet its on the old dears Rover 25 and has been for 8 years.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

My wife has B9 EJC (benign, geddit? :D :roll: plus her initials) but since her Mercedes 300SE felt we never had a car that could comfortably take it! The cheek! :wink:

Besides I wouldn't want it on my BX! (mainly because the registration number is etched on all windows :lol: - and same with the Fiat)...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I don't see the point in expensive number plates. I just had my name changed by deed poll to F89 DYD. Easy.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BX Bandit wrote:I've never liked them myself. There's one round here which is S41AN.... so guess what??? Her name is Sian! Who gives a blind fig!!!!!
My parents used to have a Saab 99 Combe Coupe (great car btw) that came with the reg 22 E XX which I can only assume was meant to be a from of sexual reference? :?
The local free blind fig emporium?

I've got a personalised number plate on the cock extension mobile I've just got. However it was on it when I bought it your honour and I therefore claim diplomatic immunity from private plate cockwaddery.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

My car's number is unique :D

also this gets my posts upto 3000 :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

BX Bandit wrote:I've never liked them myself. There's one round here which is S41AN....
We've seen that one 8) Of significant interest to my youngest daughter as she's called Sian. So she did give a fig.

I know the owners of two Activas. One has A6TVA and the other A16TVA.

And also a Xantia wearing XAN71A 8)
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Last time I checked C1TBX was available. I think if you are going to have a private plate make it applicable to the car rather than the driver IMHO.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

cavmad wrote:
BX Bandit wrote:I've never liked them myself. There's one round here which is S41AN.... so guess what??? Her name is Sian! Who gives a blind fig!!!!!
The local free blind fig emporium?
:lol: You Muppet! :lol: :wink:
I agree with Philios of Chidlowshire that private plates are best adapted to the car rather than the driver but even then I wouldn't bother
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

i am waiting for them to release BXI 900 as i know full well i could not afford the one i really want which is BXI 9 it currently sit on a 7 series bm that i see every now and then . I did speak to the owner once and yes he would sell but the price £5000 :( even if i won the lottery i would be loathed to spend that sort of money on a number plate when i dont even spend that on a car!
I do agree that if the plate has a referance to the car or something funny then it is fine just dont see the point of initals but i suppose if i was able to have one it would have to be ROB1N :)
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

BXi 19. Please see my ad.

Post by peterwight »

I have BXI 19, and one of the screws holding it pierces the capital I, so it reads BXi 19. Of course it can only refer to the injection engine which mine has. (In Stockport)
It's featured in the 'for sale/wanted' section now. I look forward to any comment on it as soon as you like!
I'm also not enthusiastic about personalised plates but confess I did try to get W1 GHT way back in the relevant year. I imagine it to be on the lord mayor's car in the island of that name.
Last edited by peterwight on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

That's quite a strange article - how many BX drivers did they find to interview?
I've got KN BX19 - KN being for the area Konstanz and the rest I just asked for and got it for no extra €s. I was trying for BX 1 but it had gone. There's possibly 50 BX 19 plates in Germany just with different area prefixes. Number plates cannot be sold here or transferred between vehicles by private parties.
I'm sure that if the rules were the same in Uk, more people would have some kind of chosen number - initials are really common here too but if I had to pay then I wouldn't bother.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

citroen7 wrote: i suppose if i was able to have one it would have to be ROB1N :)
Funny that, the first plate in this thread is our youngest daugther's name and our middle daughter's name is the same as yours Robin, although spelt with a Y...
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...