Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

******Citroen Centenary Event.***** MAY 30TH-JUNE 3RD 2019 NOT TO BE MISSED

Post by Philip Chidlow »

CENTENARY EVENT:

TICKETS NOW FOR SALE
on https://www.citroencentenary.org.uk

Lots of info on the site - and lots more to come, so please bookmark it :)

NOTE: If you pre-registered for the Earlybird rate you will receive an e-mail telling you how to get the discounted rate. IF you haven't received your email contact me DIRECTLY.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Warren Nel
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroën C4 Grand Picasso

Previous cars
Peugeot 806 TD
Peugeot 309 TD
Ford Fiesta 1.1
Mazda 323 mk1
Nissan Micra mk1

Re: Citroen Centenary Event...

Post by Warren Nel »

Thanks Phil.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Citroen Centenary 4.0
-------------------------------------------------
Citroen Centenary - 1919 – 2019 - a thousand cars for a century of Citroen
31 May – 2 June 2019 - Coombe Park, Warwickshire
The major Citroen event in the UK in this centenary year is getting ever closer, and you can now book and pay online! If you have already pre-registered with us, you should have received an email to let you know.
Over 350 pre-registrations received so far comprise a varied mix from all four clubs and more, including international enquiries from as far afield as Australia! This is just the start – we anticipate 1,000 cars or more.
Now that bookings are open, there is no need to pre-register – simply go to: www.citroencentenary.org.uk and book your ticket! Why book in advance? It helps us to plan the event in terms of numbers, assists with cashflow – and save you money, because the on-the-gate prices will be higher! Also, we can then email you direct with updates.
A unique Centenary event...
Remember that this is effectively two events for the price of one, as a blend of a ‘conventional’ rally and a mobile event in conjunction with MotoFest - it’s everything you’re used to, and something else that you’re not! One thing is certain: this event will remain unique – there can only be one Centenary!
First of all, this is the opportunity for all British Citroen owners to come together and celebrate 100 years of Citroen car manufacture. This is for people above all, then the cars. As enthusiasts, it is vital that we continue to support and promote the Citroen heritage, as indeed has always been the case.
Our aim is to bring the marque’s heritage and achievements to the attention of the wider public by means of an outward-facing event. The location of Coventry is ideal for this, as the UK’s ‘motor city’ and Citroen UK’s base, with its central location and its role in hosting the hugely-popular MotoFest event.
...for everyone
- Every Citroen-related vehicle is welcome – of every year, and including all kit, one-off and modified cars
- The event is open to everyone - you do not need to be a member of any club, register or group
- Camping is included, but there will be no electrical hook-ups (except for medical reasons by prior arrangement)
Our Centenary is intended to be primarily a national rather than an international event; there is no wish to duplicate the French centenary event, although international visitors will of course be very welcome to attend – and some have already been in touch!

For 2019, MotoFest is launching its advertising campaign with the Citroen Centenary story – we are becoming an integral part of the whole festival, attracting extensive media coverage, and this part of our Centenary will be totally unique!
Charges and how to book
The current advance booking price is £45 for a car and all passengers for the entire event including camping - arrive on Thursday afternoon and stay until Monday morning.
The website is now live at: www.citroencentenary.org.uk and you can book and pay online. The site is regularly expanded and updated with the latest information, so bookmark it now!
We will also accept cheques and BACS transfers – please contact us.
Day ticket prices will be announced in the next update; there will be higher on-the-gate rates for anyone not pre-booked – so book now and save money!
What's on?
This is the provisional programme so far – it is constantly being expanded, so watch the website for updates!
Thursday 30th May
Arrivals welcome from 3:30pm. full camping facilities, including hot showers.
In the evening: catering on-site, and bar open in the marquee from 6:30pm. Marquee? - yes – a mere 200 feet by 40, as you were wondering...

Friday 31st May
The first full day of the event; think of this as the Saturday of a conventional rally. Display your car on the Avenue and have a good look around all the others there. 
Citroen’s mobile exhibition unit will be present, together with club shops – special Centenary souvenirs! - trade stands and catering.
The Citroen Specials Club offers a ‘tulip’-style run, and all are welcome.
Why not explore the historic Country Park itself – there are many attractions, including a children’s playground nearby.
In the evening - Live entertainment and bar in the marquee - catch up with old friends and new faces.

Saturday 1st June
The final full day at Coombe Park before the run to MotoFest tomorrow!
Take part in the further displays on the Avenue, including the event photoshoot.
2CVGB will present the Registers Day display – A-series galore!
Away from the site, you could preview the MotoFest activities in Coventry!
In the evening: live entertainment featuring the ‘Marchant’ band – www.marchantband.co.uk

Sunday 2nd June
The Centenary on the move – the 'Thousand car' convoy to Coventry leaves Coombe Park at 9:00 am to feature in MotoFest. All the cars will make a lap of the street circuit before entering the city centre to park up on display throughout a large reserved area including the Transport Museum, Cathedral and University quarters.
Four cars - a Type A, a Traction Avant, a 2CV and a DS – will be displayed within the Cathedral itself throughout the weekend, to be complemented by many other models right outside. Overall, this is likely to be the largest and highest profile Citroen Centenary Celebration outside France.

Stroll within the city centre – both historic and modern – and see the other thousand classic cars present; visit the Transport Museum at no charge. See Citroen UK’s display on Greyfriar’s Green, right above the circuit.

Very near the Cathedral, Drapers Bar will be offering a special menu and real ales; owner Peter Knatchbull-Hugessen is a 2CV enthusiast, and welcomes all participants.
MotoFest organiser James Noble says: ” In 2019 we expect MotoFest footfall to overtake the Goodwood Festival making MotoFest the largest automotive festival in the UK. “
In the evening: join us for an informal evening gathering in the marquee – stay over until Monday morning

Monday 3rd June
Departure day – site closes at noon.

How you can help
The success of this event depends upon its volunteers, and our thanks to all who have already come forward. If you would like to help please let us know now – don't keep it to yourself, as forward planning is vital. Be part of a unique event – there will only be one Centenary!
Any questions?
Contact us at: citroen.centenary@gmail.com - we will add you to our mailing list and keep you up-to-date.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Bump!

This is the next show in the calendar, and if you only attend one this year....make sure its this.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Re: ******Citroen Centenary Event...****** NOT TO BE MISSED!

Post by Vanny »

Could do with dates in the subject . .

I should be down on the Friday in to the Saturday, and actually in the BX for once! Quite looking forward to it. I've had to organise flights around the event so I'd say I'm fairly committed.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Re: ******Citroen Centenary Event.***** MAY 30TH-JUNE 3RD 2019 NOT TO BE MISSED

Post by Tim Leech »

Done, be good to see you vanny, its been a while...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Its nearly 5 years since the BX was on the road, its really weird to be driving it again, only had it for 17.5 years . . .
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Two weeks to go guys

Get those tents out and those BX's polished!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

two weeks, really, oh boy this is gonna be a busy few weeks!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Visit https://www.citroencentenary.org.uk
There've been a few updates. Including a map showing where we'll be parading/parking in Coventry.

If you haven't already I suggest buying your ticket online. On-the-gate prices are higher: Day £25 and Full Event £55
Camping is included in the latter.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

SEE YOU THERE (Hopefully)
deltic
BXpert

Post by deltic »

Laura and I will be there in the GTi on Saturday, looking forward to it!
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 137,000 miles (2015, 2017 & 2019 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 92,000 miles (2022 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
2006 C4 VTR+ 2.0 Coupé, silver, 78,000 miles (RIP)
2016 Volvo V40 T2 R-Design Pro, blue, 24,000 miles
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

clean BX
clean BX
Its getting pretty clean now, jut the inside to go if it ever stops raining!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

See you tomorrow guys!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO