Camping with BX people at sprintime

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

docchevron1472 wrote:north Norfolk coast huh, is that where all the pretty lesbians are?

Suddenly I'm addicted!
Hate to have to break it to you Doc, but lesbians dont like men in "that way", even one with your charms, sorry :lol:
Last edited by Tim Leech on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Warwick castle is expensive and dull, and then you would be in the flat midlands, surrounded by concrete with restrictions on what you can do and see (ie there aint much).
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Vanny wrote:Warwick castle is expensive and dull, and then you would be in the flat midlands, surrounded by concrete with restrictions on what you can do and see (ie there aint much).
Not sure, but Vanny, why don't you offer a few ideas? Eh?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Hows about, theres nothing much to do in the midlands? Oh wait, i said that! If i was coming here (then i wouldn't be starting there) and i would be looking for something really good, which much of the midlands isn't, but i'd say that there have been some good suggestions already. You know much about the midlands phil? I mean what there is and isnt to do, cos i'm all ears.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Roverman wrote: Ye gads no, god awful place. Full of banner waving hairy lesbians in clumpy boots and check shirts!
Hairy does not equate to ugly Doc :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Roverman wrote: Hate to have to break it to you Doc, but lesbians dont like me in "that way", even one with your charms, sorry :lol:
Well, I have been a lesbian for as long as I can remember!
Never been very charming though, I thikn I'd be a butch lesbian, which is ironic since I'm I'm less butch than a wilting daisy as a man!
The dude with the headless Xanty wrote:Hairy does not equate to ugly Doc
True, although I often find it disturbing when any girl I'm seeing can grow a better beard than me!

BTW, I'm inclined to agree with Vanster, the midlands are a bit bleak, certainly all the bits I've been to, which is most of them.
Last time I bought a BX from Aston Manor I got caught up in a drive by shooting on the way home... and for once it wasn't me with the gun!!

I like Yorkshire, Wales, and of course god's best work, Cornwall..

I always found it odd that Milton Keynes is the centre of the universe for population and all, it's an utter arse of a place to get to...
hhmm..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Vanny wrote:You know much about the midlands phil?
I grew up in the southern outskirts of Birmingham.

I don't particularly feel strongly about where might be a good place. The Midlands is, by definition, fairly central so accessible by a high percentage of members on here, which is part of the reason I suggested it. Then you've always got the area between Stratford-uopn-Avon and Banbury which is rather nice.

I wasn't having a dig at you Vanny. This thread was about offering suggestions/alternatives - but maybe as you say, the Midlands might be generally a little weak compared with other choices... 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Can I reccomens a nice place called Pooley Bridge - up at the top of the English Lakes convenient for Scotland should you wish a quick tour, convenient for the Lakes themselves and also for Carlisle.

Two campsites border on the lake itself and offer nice facilities, with sufficient space to have a bit of "group shenanegans" without upsetting other campers - the downside is that open fires (camp fires) are not allowed. They allow BBQ's, but not camp fires.

Note how the rear shelf of the BX doubles up as a camp kitchen whilst teh front seats play host to the DVD entertainmemnt centre...

Be warned though the UK is wet - we have a saying, if you can see the hills, its going to rain. If you cant see the hills, its raining already.
Alan Hitchcock

Post by Alan Hitchcock »

Suprised no one mentioned the Cotswolds. The Welsh Marches are empty and the wood buildings beautiful. My chums from the Lowlands/Nedderlands always enjoy mountains and the nearest are North Wales where they have little trains to play with. I always suggested therefore that they head through the Cotswolds, across to Malvern, take in Morgan if poss, and then across to Knighton or Kington and so up into the mountains of mid Wales and head north.
The Lake District is great but Snowdonia has it for dramatic scenes and is nearer Dover. The other prob with the Lakes is you have to pay to stop anywhere and do anything. Of course the West Coast of Scotland kicks the lot into touch but it is a long way and really you need to be planning for April/May as they get about the best weather and no midges to speak of.
The return trip can be a swing across country to take in our Lowlands but strangely that seems less popular and many filter back using a similar but differing route perhaps taking in North Hampshire and the South Downs. Just thinking of it makes realise what a stunning country we live in if we only had the time and space to enjoy it.

Big Al
BX TZD turbo Saloon and Estate
Saab Bullnose 96
Borgward Isobella Van
Messerschmitts
Goggomobil Darts
Trials car
Tatra 603
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

NEW suggestion!

Simply the most beutifull part of this Island;

The Lake district! Fantastic views and wonderful old curvy roads.

I know a great campsite right on the bank of Coniston?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.