classic car show/huge autojumble ,Reims, 13-14 March

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

classic car show/huge autojumble ,Reims, 13-14 March

Post by ren16tx »

13-14 march, Next weekend! Huge classic car/autojumble show, outskirts of Reims, France,
A fantastic event,hundreds of classic cars , huge autojumble and car club stands, a real fab event!
if you turn up in a classic car, you can park with the other hundres of classics!! no pre booking,
i went last year in my MK1 BX19 TRD (Sophie,the italian bx!) and they allowed her in to the classic car area!! :D
Anyone interested,drop me a PM, i've been the last 3 years, and going again next week!!! (either in a renault 16TS or an L reg BX!)
Chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Damn! I'm driving through (actually staying in!) Reims - on the 16th March, do'oh! And there's no way I can alter the arrangement either.

Ah well, one for next year's diary?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

Never say can't!!! get there day early, you won't regret it!! :roll:
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I've booked my flight to Geneva on 15th... pick up XM and drive back via Reims the next day. Booked and paid for...

And it's Mother's Day on the 14th, don't forget!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

What a fab weekend!! so many cars i "wanted"!!
went over in my "dads" white L reg BX16txi auto, did some 700 miles (most the cars done in years in one weekend! 43,000miles)
what was great, anyone turning up in a classic car can park up together, hundreds of classic cars, and they allowed my BX in!! on the sunday i parked next to a British talbot Alpine,then a white Dutch BX 19GT MK1 parked next to me!!
Although my BX was a late model,and not regarded as a classic as such in France, the amount of people who looked at it was amazing,several photographing it! and it got a few looks driving through France,more than i expected,apart from another BX owner who overtook me,who took no notice!!
in the classic parking area were a mk1 bx gt, trd,and a sport,plus mine,
Maybe next year we could organise a BX convoy???
You know how rare the Simca/talbot rancho is? we must have counted 7 of them!!