CCC National Rally Swop Shop (updated)

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

It's starting to look like we'll be in the XM - I'll write more about it elsewhere, but it is starting to look like the BX won't be ready in time - which is a real shame, as I know there are a lot of you out there who wanted to see it. If the BX is possible though I'd be glad to join the parade :)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

Ive got a complete 1.6 speedo housing with the bottons.
Plus a heynes manaul. I have 3 gray ones.
And a vey tacky gear knob lol If ive still got it
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

might brig the BX front struts with me and a smal amount of BX bits
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
PhilGreaves
BXpert
My Cars: CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..

1984 Citroen BX 16TRS restored and now with fully functional power steering..!
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but antisink fitted)

Post by PhilGreaves »

Hey Graeme. Do any of those parts you have fit a certain mark 1 bx? If so ill be very interested.

Dont suppose you still have the window from the nearside doors do you? id be interested in those.

Ill be there saturday (dont know what time) and all of sunday. Hopefully in the bx.

Thanks.
regards
Phil & Earl

1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS mk 1 "Earl" restored sept 2011 and now with fully functional power steering..!

CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but anti-sink fitted)
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Hi Phil, I still have the old, rusty and dented pair of near side doors complete with glass.

I'll remove the glass, rubber surrounds and the side rubbing strips and bring these down.

I'm going to have to check the other items I have but they're for the Mk1 nonetheless.

2 front struts, bits of distributor, knackered HP pump, err can't recall if there is any other items - need to raid my parents' garage but I'll bring all I have.

Also have a single black with red stripes interior rear passenger door trim for a Mk2 BX. Is this of any use to anyone?
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
PhilGreaves
BXpert

Post by PhilGreaves »

I dont want to cause you any trouble Graeme. Really the priority would be the rubbing strips on the lower part of the door as apparently mark 1 and mark 2 are different. If just bringing/removing that would be easier for you? Dont want to put you out/cause you too much work!!

Yes id certainy be interested in any parts that would fit the bx and/or be useful- im trusting your judgement here! Theres a bit of space in the garage for storage...[he says staring at the Diamler front end].

If you could just let me know how much you want for the parts before the rally then that would be great. As the idea was to pick up/buy parts at the rally although so far ive had no responses to my advert in the CCC mag. Ill be there both days too if that helps?
regards
Phil & Earl

1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS mk 1 "Earl" restored sept 2011 and now with fully functional power steering..!

Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Hi Phil, it's no problem: only the removal of the rubber inserts will require care.

I may need some advice from someone on here as to the best approach to removing the window glass (?)

I just looked at your CCC mag ad. (I hardly look at the mutual aid bit any more) - I take it the BX wasn't being run on LPG while James had it. LPG running isn't readily affected by a stuffy carburetor. So long as the throttle butterflies are present and move then it will run ok. Problem may have been the tiny tank temporarily fitted.

You'd be very lucky to find a NOS carb for a BX 16, You can get overhaul kits for them though, these include the gaskets and diaphragms needed as well as the tiny O-rings for things like the mixture screw etc.

You should run the car on LPG as it's quieter, greener and smoother and never suffers from any carburetor probs not to mention the cheapness of the fuel. Only thing is that the mixer fitted to that car is off an Astra and is a bit restrictive sometimes (depends on temp and atmospheric pressure)

Anyway, I'll bring the rubbing strips and glass for that car - I need to dispose of those two old doors anyway.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Phil what carb has your car got, remember I have a weber from a Mk1 you are welcome too.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
PhilGreaves
BXpert

Post by PhilGreaves »

ha ha. I think you are the only one who did!! :cry: still worth a try, and have to get my moneysworth. Nah i didnt think id get a new carb; nos was mainly aimed at trim bits and stuff. But i ran out of letters and only remembered about carbs and the deadline (that deadline reminder is because of me you know :wink: ) at the end so just shoved it in. Still worth a try.

My carb is a solex...no idea if they're interchangable. Ill ask my mate and the garage and get back to you Tim, if thats ok? I know a few people who can adapt things. Thanks for the offer though, and for the 'Citroen' badge.

I dont really know whats wrong with it per se other than its 'broken'- had to be run on lpg for the mot. Graham says he can fix it for £250. Also that it will run on petrol but wont be economical and will be lumpy. Although as Graham points out you need to run on petrol occasionally to dry out the exhuast. (Apperently theres a lot of water vapour in lpg..??)

All i know is that james enjoyed using it (wants a cx now) and liked it because it was cheap to run and comftable. However when the carb went he parked it up and it was left standing until the mot/parts pick up. James had collected quite a lot of parts; new front wings and a box of lights. and things.

Yeah i keep meaning to ask Nigel about the mixer...define 'restrictive'??!

Thanks very much for the rubber strips/glass. Like i said before id be interested in buying any suitable parts that you can dig out of your garage! i checked today and have got some storage space beneath the AEC Regent Grill :!: . Just dont tell my dad!!
regards
Phil & Earl

Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

There is a lot of steam from an LPG engine,you notice it in the winter when you leave a cloud behind as you accelerate.

But exhausts seem to last well despite all the moisture. Petrol cars make steam anyway, and the LPG burns cleaner so perhaps there are less acidic nasties to help the rust.

A catalysed car on LPG runs amazingly cleanly.

With LPG half the price of petrol, I would run it on that all day.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Yeah i keep meaning to ask Nigel about the mixer...define 'restrictive'??!
Standard performance is limited under certain conditions due to reduced induction flow.

Solution: replace the ring mixer with a variable orifice mixer named a 'BLOS' - this is what i have in the CX and it runs more or less the same as on petrol. Also there's more adjustment with this device.

Note that there are clibrated holes in the present ring mixer that must be covered for it to run - I simply used duct tape (it's probably still there). Essentially, the LPG fitment in that BX was not 'complete' it required refining and I was also saving up for a larger tank (60l donut to go where the spare wheel lives at present). Ideally I'd reposition the reducer too so that it's mounted 90? to its present place.
There is a lot of steam from an LPG engine,you notice it in the winter when you leave a cloud behind as you accelerate.
I didn't realise this Mike - this might explain why the tail pipe of the CX has corroded surprisingly quickly!!
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

knackered HP pump,
I might make it on the Sunday - I'm interested in the knackered pump anyway unless anyone else has first dibs on it - it'd be interesting to do the stripdown and attempt to refurb it.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I'll be bringing what ever i can fit in the car, which likely wont be much with the marque and stuff. I'll be under a giant white tent for small electrical and trim bits (including lots of 'those' screws that get easily lost!)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

We have a good used 1.4 HP pump now if anyone interested and a pair of smoked rear lenses, no lamp holders.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
themildbunch
BXpert

Post by themildbunch »

I'll hopefully be there on the Sunday in the TZD - I have a set of 16v grey alloys but no bolts and several large boxes of bits and pieces I haven't really sorted out - lots of lamps / switches / small parts / hydraulic bits.
Not having been to one of these shows before can I just stick this on the grass next to the car or would I need to organise something beforehand?
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate