CCC Midland Rally

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Adrian,

I will be going to Stratford on the Sunday (12th) in the White Phase 1, so I'll park up with your folks if you like.

Then I can have a compare and contrast between the low mileage 16 valves :D

Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Are you travelling in your 'old' phase 1 then?

I'd more than welcome somebody that knows under the skin of these cars giving a critical opinion on where things need sorting - my dad ignores my opinion on the subject (don't you dad, if you're reading this?!) :lol:

One thing that really annoys me is the front head rests falling down as soon as you drive anywhere - lord knows what's broken....

I've suggested the car would ideally benefit from a proper exhaust to replace the pea shooter that's fitted, paint below the glass line to get rid of the scratches it's picked up over the last 22 years, a proper show car under bonnet prep, maybe new bumpers but not sure if the existing ones could be repaired to an as new finish?
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Yep, I've bought my old one back. :D

So I've gone from having none to 2 in the space of a couple of months, the E reg grey one has turned into more of a long term project.

I'd be more than willing to look over your Dad's car for him and offer constructive criticism :lol:

I'd like to compare the cars against each other for both our benefits. Mine is now on 62K miles (your Dad's is low 50's :?: IIRC) and the mechanicals are now mint on it after my mate spent the winter with the car up on ramps sorting out all the little jobs. It does want some welding and paintwork to make it mint again and I'd like to look at another early 16V and see how mine stacks up against it.

Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

PMSL - genius!! Thought you might've bought the ebay 100k'er but doubted you'd be describing that as low mileage lol

Ours had a new head last winter and now no longer farts on start up, plus goes with considerably more verve than it did before! It was never slow before, but now I struggle not to spin the wheels in the dry if I nail it out of a junction, even with sticky tyres! I'm too used to traction control and 4WD these days......
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

Post by sarahjaneking »

I'd love to come down for this one, I've been to a few car meets in my bus but in my year of bx ownership thus far I have not made any meets and have only ever seen one other BX. To be fair when I previously owned one back in the 90's I didn't see that many either!!!!!

Anyway it'd be great to have a good nosey at everyone's cars, my only concern is that I would have 4 kids and no husband in tow - sadly we don't all fit in the BX :( so would anyone be kind enough to help me with the tent ??? :D :D and does anyone have any problem with a rather large bunch of kids aged 4 - 10 turning up :oops:

thanks

Sarah
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

More the merrier Sarah, you dont have to camp over, you could just go for the day is thats easier, but the kids may enjoy the tenting!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

no problem with tent erecting, we have a small team of genius "tenters" in stock.
I always find that unloading tent and leaving it on the floor near the car works, it magically goes up all on it's own!

Might be safest with nippers to stick tent in first field rather than the top field (the BXP loud field) since their vocal range may end up being increased in directions you'd rather they weren't...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

docchevron wrote: I always find that unloading tent and leaving it on the floor near the car works, it magically goes up all on it's own!
Cheeky fooker, you didn't even give me anything for my erection... :cry:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Sorry love!
You should have lined up for a snog whilst I was giving Bandit tongue!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

The BX crew are a loud bunch, I doubt if the kids will make any impact.

The Stratford site is large, so plenty of space for folk to do their own thing.

My 9 year old daughter was at the Huntington meet last year, and thoughly enjoyed the camping part while we talked BXs and got very drunk. :D

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

Post by sarahjaneking »

well you can put me down then, be great to have a good look at all the bx's and my kids are well used to car club meets and the noise involved, we've done woodvale 3 years in a row and only ever lost one once :shock:
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

Thanks roger. And thanks to your mates as well. Im shit at remenbering names. Really made me feel welcome.
Yep ill give it a go. lol Yes i do need a brecket. Yes the cars good but my driving can be a bit shitty somtimes.

Just the steering whats doing my head in. Somtimes the car feels wierd. Other times its ok.
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

I might be able to camp this time! So a bit more info would be good...

Is there plenty of space in the upper field ?

I've seen the cost somewhere - can't find it at the mo.

Flushybogs ? Facilities etc ?

At what time on the 10th is it all open ?
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Masses of spare, a good few acres, though you have to get in early to stay well away from the social people!

Toilets on the in and outfield, and some hedge rows. There is a shower block, it takes tokens, 50p each from the reception 'house' but they last for ever.

There is a huge Tesco nearby (Drive not walk) and to my knowledge there is no closing time, or closed gates.

Don't be confused by the campers on the outfield, you need to cross the circuit into the infield. Drive down until it looks like you ca't go any further, then turn right.

Some times the Hvan Pizza man comes on Sunday with a magical hang over cure!
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Thanks Vanny - excellent info :-)

One of the reasons for the 'space' question - I've just located a tent I've been looking for for an absolute age - but it will need some work - some of which I can only do when it's up - and I don't have the space to put it up at home - so I might have to put up an extra small tent to kip in the first night !
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate