2012 ICCCR

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: 2012 ICCCR

Post by Philip Chidlow »

/\ Yep, have a good one chaps. Next one may be in N. Europe? Then that's one I should do instead. I should have a BX/Citroen by then. :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Phil if you can get up to Harrogate for a day there will be a warm reception for you, not to mention a nicely chilled beer. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well thats me packed and ready, the DTR is loaded to the gunwals and shining like a thing!! See some of you soon
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Tim Leech wrote:Well thats me packed and ready, the DTR is loaded to the gunwals and shining like a thing!! See some of you soon
...and looking smart it is too, Tim! 8) Only took this (rather rubbish) one...

Lovely car and excellent job you've done.

Couple of pics from today BX-wise although only captured a few - more turned up afterwards:

General:

Hopefully there'll be more turning up over the next few days...

All pictures here[/color] - http://www.flickr.com/photos/icccr2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Citroening on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

I'm walking around the forum naked whilst you're all in Harroghetto...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Arent you coming Willy????
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Post by hilarystone »

I will hopefully see you there tomorrow - but I'm bring my AX GTI...
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Second (and last day for me) of the show and today was much better - the attendance really is getting high now and some sight. Much more people there and I can only imagine what it'll be like in the remaining two days what with it being the weekend too. Back home from Yorkshire now and good to meet up with old friends and make new ones. Roll on CX, XM and Xantia Rally.

All pictures here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/icccr2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/\ \/ Very nice banner BTW, excellent choice of BX model too...a Sport... :wink:

Good parking there by the XM owner... :lol: :wink:

All pictures here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/icccr2012/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Citroening on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
BXpert

Post by Willy »

Tim Leech wrote:Arent you coming Willy????
I moved house from Harrogate to the deep south three weeks ago - timing fail! Hopefully will still be able to go to Ludlow, althogh Saturday night seems to be the happening time right now - and I'm going on loliday on the Sun - could be tight! Shame to not do any summer events :(
ImageImageImageImageImage
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Excellent pics and the weather looks fine too - that certainly makes a huge difference. Anyone get anything of interest out of the autojumble area?
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
mike22861
BXpert

Post by mike22861 »

I've just got home from the Icccr what a great time it's been met some fantastic people Tim found me some parts for the car, Vanny did a great job sorting my pump belt.no more squeals Sandra for the early morning coffee and moral support and all the others who mucked in A very big thank you to the club members for the great welcome and friendliness.
Seen some great cars some rare cars and learned a lot. To those of you on the forum who don't participate you should try it I did and enjoyed every minute
1992 BX 4x4 Gti aircon Silver
1991 BX 19 TGD Red(the Red Baron)
1993 BX 17 TZD Red the new Daily
1986 BX 16 RS Leader (The only 1 left I believe)
2003 Landrover Defender 110 CSW TD5
1985 Landrover Defender 90 4SC County
some other newer Nissans
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Home and knackered, best £50 I ever spent, even asides the comical glasses wearer tan lines!

DTR ran great, a few surges on the way home after the fuel filter change (thanks Vanny!), but overall shes a diamond.

BX parts were a little disappointing.....I think Paul296 is still searching for all those new tailblazers hiddens under a pile of DS bits

I counted over 30 BX's which was rather poor, oh look there goes another black traction and wacky painted 2CV.......................
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Great time, and as a bonus I still have some eyebrows left after the BBQ incident! We had a BX convoy round the site

I'd even washed the car prior to arriving, and Tim took a clay bar and polish (thanks) to it to get it looking pretty good for the mileage!

A shame about the suspension problems, sorry if I seemed a bit cheesed off with anybody towards the end, but it was (or should have been!) directed towards the car.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Daisy
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 19TGD 1991 "Daisy" RIP 21/7/2014
Citroen BX 19TGD 1990 "Myrtille "

Post by Daisy »

Very glad you got home safely Mat :D ,

GB has just handed over the Olympics to Rio, and the ICCCR 2016 goes to The Netherlands.

I am going to the Netherlands ICCCR!
- had a really brilliant weekend - met up with old friends, made new friends and got to know current friends better, and the weather was great, so no mud-wrestling was possible (sorry Paul!)

See some of you again soon - pics to follow.....

Anne Marie
'90 19TGD 'Olympic Blue' "Myrtille"
'91 19TGD 'Alpine White' 28.02.91-21.07.14 "Daisy" R.I.P
Still on the road - Many thanks to Rob Moss at Chevronics, Hitchin, Herts
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Daisy wrote:Very glad you got home safely Mat :D
..that_
had a really brilliant weekend - met up with old friends, made new friends and got to know current friends better, and the weather was great, so no mud-wrestling was possible (sorry Paul!)
Too tired to be especially coherent, but ..that_ also, except I mud-wrestled every time I washed my hands/showered, the water was distinctly BROWN owing to high iron content. Not sure what I expected except that it would be good, but the whole weekend exceeded expectations, I had a wonderful time, thank you all.

Men of the weekend: Mark for providing BX HQ, Ian for the parade idea (THE high point of the proceedings!) and Tim for the awning, very necessary on the sunny days.

I'm sure there'll be "oh, yeah, do you remember the French guy talking (for no apparent reason) about 'Ecosse' and blowjobs, and how we all went 'WTF?' until we worked out he meant bagpipes. That was funny." recollections for weeks!

Really lovely to see everyone, catch up with some of you again at one or more of Ludlow/CXM soon :)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane