2012 ICCCR

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

MULLEY wrote:Erm, i might do in about a months time when i find out what needs doing to it 1st or possibly not if its not good news :lol:
Sounds like me - and I've got TWO of them! :shock:
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Now that the 2011 National is out of the way I want to keep this topic boyant. As mentioned I intend to have a hand in setting up a BX section of the ICCR!

The plan is to get an example of each year in a line up 1983-1994 from A-M and maybe a certain N reg TZD on the end 8)

I would also like if possible to get the cars looking their best...... so buckets, sponges and chamois leathers WILL be provided :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Give me a shout when they release day ticket prices, I'm not shelling out near on £100! :lol:

Can't get over the location though, it seems so daft. "So, we'll hold the 2012 ICCR meet in the UK. Lots of people expected from Europe, so lets keep it a sensible location for everyone."

FUCKING YORKSHIRE??!?! It's miles from everywhere except Lancashire!

It'll be a 250-300 trip there and the same back for me :S And then I dread to think what those who are trekking over from Europe will do. Drive all teh way to France for a ferry, then get off the ferry in Dover or Pompey and then have to drive all that way (pretty much the same as me as I live next to Pompey) up a depressing motorway.

Who do we shout at? :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I spoke to Nigel Wild on Sunday, day tickets are at the moment £20. Bought my ticket for the ICCCR at the disounted rate last year. Re the location, please bare in mind the cost of hiring a showground is prohibitively expensive, the cost to hire Harrogate is approx 40 grand and i would imagine a showground further south would be double that. Also a large contingent of foreign visitors will be coming not just from southern europe, but from northeastern europe, ie the Netherlands, Scandanavian countries etc so to appease every visitor would be impossible. Personally i can't wait. But then i live across the "border" in Lancashire.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Tim, just to allay fears of dirty BX's turning up at the BX birthday bash, i've been onto Sainsbury's website and the store by the Harrogate main entrance has a petrol station complete with, wait for it, a JET WASH :!:
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

To a degree I have to share Kitch's point. It's a feck of a long way from a large proportion of those who will be attending. Even those from the low countries etc. will likely be coming into Harwich/Felixstowe or Gt. Yarmouth.

OK I also take the point about it costing a load more to have it in a more central location (and, actually where???), but given a (square-ish) area with Stoke-on-Trent, Nottingham, Northampton, Worcester on its corners there must've been somewhere!

But it's too late to whinge and moan, like it or lump it now I guess. And it still promises to be an enormous event with thousands of cars and lots to do. So, on balance I'm going... and for the bulk of the days too. Well, it's probably the only ICCCR I'll ever go to!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

You cant please everyone all of the time and finding a suitable location big enough wasnt easy, its only once every 4 years, and this time its in England, if you only ever go to one Citroen show make sure its this one, trust me it will be worth it!

:wink:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
PhilGreaves
BXpert
My Cars: CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..

1984 Citroen BX 16TRS restored and now with fully functional power steering..!
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but antisink fitted)

Post by PhilGreaves »

no leeds to Interlaken in a xantia* for the 13th ICCCR; that was far. And no we didn’t win the prize for having travelled furthest. Rome was far too but we went by rail...

How many people here have actually been to an ICCCR before then? You really want to go for the full weekend if only for the atmosphere.

Rome was good because you got to see al the vehicles go around the track. Although there were far less stalls and cars than at Interlaken. I heard people talk about there being 4-5 at Switzerland and i think there must have been over 200 stalls easy. So dunno what the turnout will be in the UK but hopefully..........

Tim count me/us in; its only 30 mins from me so ill be there all the time in both cars.

Does anyone know what is happening on the Thursday? Is it just arrivals or are stalls open etc?

*TD 1 &1/2 tanks of fuel each way fully loaded.
regards
Phil & Earl

1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS mk 1 "Earl" restored sept 2011 and now with fully functional power steering..!

CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but anti-sink fitted)
Mick_Popka

Post by Mick_Popka »

Please check out the FAQ's whcih have been updated regarding the booking of Day Rate Tickets.
See: http://www.icccr2012.org.uk/FAQ.htm#book
Regards
Mick
1938 RHD Traction Roadster
1949 LHD Traction 11BL
1961 LHD DS19
1976 LHD AMI 8
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

No need Mick. Booked for the entire week last year. Nigel was showing me the lay-out whilst at the National. Can't wait. :)
Mark Smith

jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

Ive just bought a shitty corsa selling my laguna costin a bomb hate petrols. Hopfully ill get a gand for the laguna then try and get a citroen xantia i think would be more better for me.
So if ive got a citroen ill come down lol Are tickets still sale
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
bx petrol auto saloon
BXpert
My Cars: Citroens SAABs and Vauxhalls

2012 ICCCR.

Post by bx petrol auto saloon »

Dear Tim.
How much is now to book for the 2012 ICCCR ? and also whereabouts
is it bieng held, as I am confused with reading various different threads.
Many Thanks Tim.
Vince.
Passion Hydropneumatic Citroen,s

Cars;- 1993 White Citroen BX 1.6 TXi petrol
saloon auto with air-con & ABS.
47,594 Miles from new.
Owned for 3 years sorned.
1988 Silver SAAB 900i 2.0 8v F/lift,
saloon 5sp with 3 spoke Ronals,
69,000 Miles from new.
Owned for 15 years T & T.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Just a reminder that if you pre-book before the end of Jan, there's a discount on the price.

By the way, the 2CVers are very much looking forward to generating a bit of a party atmosphere. I've heard that BXers like a drink/party, but have never experienced this before. I look forward to some serious good times!

If you haven't made your mind up yet, the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain are performing on the Sunday night to close the event. They're are simply superb. Enter their name in YouTube and discover just how good.

As for distance, whenever any event is held in the north, folk in the south always kick off about it being too far. We held the 2CV World Meeting in Kelso, Scottish borders in 2005 and people came from Italy, Romania and The Netherlands. None of them complained about the distance. They complained about the weather, but that's Scotland for you! If you include Scotland, Yorkshire's pretty much the southern part of the British Midlands. It's a pretty epic journey from here in West Wales. I can't wait.

Also, Australians and Americans always laugh at any discussion about things being too far in Britain. Any event that doesn't involve travelling 1000 miles is considered local in these places I think!
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I can't find info for day tickets-

I intend to arrive Friday evening (I am running out of holiday) and leave Sunday evening. Is that 2 day tickets or should I buy the full ticket before the end of Jan?

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!