CCC Northern Rally 2011

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

More photo's and a SLIDE-SHOW for your enjoyment !

:D

RxBX
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

What a great turn out and some lovely looking cars, sorry I couldn't make it. Weather looks good too.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well what a cracking day, asides the gail force winds, mixed with the sand of the track sanblasting everything in site it was good!
Great to meet a few new faces, mds 141, bx meteor, paul296(at last) and a few non forum members (lets hope they find their way here). The club stalwarts were out in force, Ray, Mulley, RXBX and Ken and the BX count was easily in double figures.

The TZi perfomed faultlessly over 200 miles, but i think the "four up" and a boot full of RXBX's parts as usual :wink: at motorway speeds explains the mpg of about 25! :shock: Sadly there were very little BX spares to be had but never mind. I will keep looking!

Thanks for the ZX mudflaps Mark! 8)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

No problem Tim , I'll keep a lookout for an interior and some alloys for your Zx , will definetly be at the national

Mark
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Yep. Great day - and some cracking cars (shame about the wind - and the rubbish tea in the canteen!) Here's some of my favourites; the GS Club was a delight, the SM magnificent (aren't they always?) and a brace of lovely BX's; proof - if any were needed - that a plastic bonnet need be no barrier to 'classic' status!

It was a great pleasure to finally meet some of the 'forumistas'. Tim, I had been labouring under the impression that 'white' cars can't be truly lovely - a delusion now laid to rest by that gorgeous TZI ( here's to getting the aircon working!) My Hurricane performed faultlessly ( as ever) although, after a days judicious polishing last Friday it's now covered in bloody sand!

See everyone at the 'National' I hope. :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

You caught me in mid "leathering off" after the rain storm :lol: , with white cars its a case of getting all the oxidisation off the paint and then keeping it shiny. Cant believe your Hurricane was destined to be scrapped considering how lovely it is now, good save.

Hopefully the aircon will be working within the next 2 weeks, the dryers been fitted and the system regassed, just awaiting a new part then its all systems go, although shes coming off the road next week when the tax expires, new genuine discs and pads to go on all round and a lube service ready for the MOT in mid june.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

As others have said, despite the wind and the rain, it was a fabulous weekend (we were there from Friday evening to being some of the last out yesterday) and we had a great time.

As always, it's great to see so many interesting vehicles - from the shiny show winners to the scruffy daily drives that would have been bean cans long ago if not for the intervention of the like-minded, catch up with friends, put faces to names and make new ones, and to talk about these somewhat obscure machines that interest us far beyond being a means of getting from A to B...

Thanks to Mulley for the wheels and the octopus (I'll let you know how your computer is getting on) - I hope these will finally get my poor BX on the road and finally justify my membership here! :D Thanks also to Roverman for the boot trim fastenings. Seeing so many BX's in fine fettle makes me more determined to give mine another chance.

Non BX specific, it was the first outing for my CX 22TRS, and despite being a bit rough in places it was well received, and it was good to have the work Graham and I (mainly Graham) have put into the car over the last few weeks appreciated.

Finally, here are some more photos for those who didn't make it. I know logistically and financially it's not possible to go to every show everywhere, but if you're ever hanging back wondering if you should come or not, I'd definitely say DO IT!

Last year's Northern Rally was my first event, and I was worried about bringing my XM for fear that it would look crap next to immaculate DS's and Traction Avants. I needn't have. There are the nut-and-bolt perfect cars that can only be admired if not envied, but many cars there are everyday vehicles, with worn seats, scabby paint and the odd rusty bit - I was in one of them! :)

(Talking of such things, the last photos show a bizarre speedo malfunction on the way home, officer :) )

https://picasaweb.google.com/1020989456 ... MrS8Ir9WQ#
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

rayfenwick wrote: Talking of such things, the last photos show a bizarre speedo malfunction on the way home, officer
Looks like your rev counter's malfunctioned as well, Ray. Better get that seen to!
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Des Smith wrote: Looks like your rev counter's malfunctioned as well, Ray. Better get that seen to!
Yes, it's an odd fault. Speedo, Revs and GPS all playing up at the same time.... scratch...
Ray

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

Sun spot activity?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

My first motorbike developed an annoying fault with the speedo the day before I was due to sell it. I took it out for one last ride, and upon wheeling it back down the garden path it somehow clocked up another 30,000 miles. Fortunately the seller believed me that it was low mileage after all, but I can well imagine his doubts had it not clocked up another 20,000 miles on the test ride!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Des Smith wrote:Sun spot activity?
Yeah, or that bloody Dalek! :D
Ray

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

mat_fenwick wrote:My first motorbike developed an annoying fault with the speedo the day before I was due to sell it. I took it out for one last ride, and upon wheeling it back down the garden path it somehow clocked up another 30,000 miles. Fortunately the seller believed me that it was low mileage after all, but I can well imagine his doubts had it not clocked up another 20,000 miles on the test ride!
I'm sure they do it on purpose.... :)
Ray

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Not sure if it's just the camera but the standard of BX's looks particularly high?

I love that yellow Dyanne, wouldn't mind that parked on my drive.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Agreed the BXs are a credit to their owners (as are many of the other Citroens!)

But my favourite has to be the blue GS... (it's just like the one Kermit and I have acquired)...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v