CCC Northern Rally 2011

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

^^ ^^ I would just like to add my two pence worth. This being my 1st CCC rally i thoroughly enjoyed myself and great to finally meet some of the BXclub legends. Shame about the weather but the sun did shine evenually. Also noted how many younger people there were, surely a good sign of the future for interest in Citroens and all things oily and automotive. Here's to the national in July. Mark :) .
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

..that_
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Quite agree Mark, it did seem the BX crowd did pull in some younger members this time, I felt quite old in comparison to a few :lol: . Your valver is lovely, should have entered it in the concors! See you in July.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

And now my son is convinced about BX's, he will be driving mine (still trying to convince him not to change the Blaupunkt or mod anything else).

The Blue GS was lovely .... when I was there, I thought I saw a notice in the back of it, about a GS for sale with rear end damage ?
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

BX Meteor wrote:And now my son is convinced about BX's, he will be driving mine (still trying to convince him not to change the Blaupunkt or mod anything else).

The Blue GS was lovely .... when I was there, I thought I saw a notice in the back of it, about a GS for sale with rear end damage ?
Yes, £600 IIRC. Could be worth a look.
Ray

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
CGATCX25GTITURBO
BXpert

Post by CGATCX25GTITURBO »

rayfenwick wrote:As others have said, despite the wind and the rain, it was a fabulous weekend (we were there from Friday evening to being some of the last out yesterday) and we had a great time.

As always, it's great to see so many interesting vehicles - from the shiny show winners to the scruffy daily drives that would have been bean cans long ago if not for the intervention of the like-minded, catch up with friends, put faces to names and make new ones, and to talk about these somewhat obscure machines that interest us far beyond being a means of getting from A to B...

Thanks to Mulley for the wheels and the octopus (I'll let you know how your computer is getting on) - I hope these will finally get my poor BX on the road and finally justify my membership here! :D Thanks also to Roverman for the boot trim fastenings. Seeing so many BX's in fine fettle makes me more determined to give mine another chance.

Non BX specific, it was the first outing for my CX 22TRS, and despite being a bit rough in places it was well received, and it was good to have the work Graham and I (mainly Graham) have put into the car over the last few weeks appreciated.

Finally, here are some more photos for those who didn't make it. I know logistically and financially it's not possible to go to every show everywhere, but if you're ever hanging back wondering if you should come or not, I'd definitely say DO IT!

Last year's Northern Rally was my first event, and I was worried about bringing my XM for fear that it would look crap next to immaculate DS's and Traction Avants. I needn't have. There are the nut-and-bolt perfect cars that can only be admired if not envied, but many cars there are everyday vehicles, with worn seats, scabby paint and the odd rusty bit - I was in one of them! :)

(Talking of such things, the last photos show a bizarre speedo malfunction on the way home, officer :) )

https://picasaweb.google.com/1020989456 ... MrS8Ir9WQ#
thats just the start of this fault, it gets worse. The speedo gets a mind of its own
missing my 1992 BX19TGD
1987 BX19 GTI 8)
CX25 GTI TURBO CGAT 86 CGAT :twisted:
19TD temp 2 Xantia estate :)
600 Bandit 97 :)
ZX12R 00 :evil:
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Crumbs. I wonder how that happens.. :)
Ray

www.citroencarclub.co.uk