Winter meets?

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Winter meets?

Post by Paul296 »

At the end of the Midland section rally I was chatting to Mark (mds141) and he suggested that it was a pity there were no more meets until early Summer next year - I definitely agreed. Mark also mentioned that Tim had tried to get 'dedicated' BX meets up and running, but that it hadn't met with much success.

It occurred to me that the East Midlands section of the CCC continue to meet over the Winter and that their itinerary of events could serve as a 'rendezvous' for any 'BXers' that wanted to meet up. I'm sure Alan (Kemp) would be only too happy to have few more 'Citroenistes' tagging along - though I could Email him to let him know as a matter of courtesy - I think there's a few from here who attend anyway (well I know Phil does!)

They're currently meeting at a pub called 'The Farmers' in Yaxley (not quite sure myself where that is exactly? - dates below) and on the 23rd of October there's a visit to Bourne Citroen, for a general rummage/chinwag type of thing. It might be an opportunity to chat about BX website updating the ICCCR 'BX Birthday bash' or whatever?

It is a bit of a schlepp for anyone North of Nottingham and the suggestion may meet with nothing more than the sound of tumbleweed blowing across the prairie, but thought I'd just 'run it up the flag pole to see if anyone salutes' - as it were.

Anyway, what do you reckon? It does seem a long time until next Summer and I don't know about you, but whenever I start banging on about my BX in 'normal' company everyone just seems to roll their eyeballs and generally glaze over . . . can't think why! :D

CCC East Mids section meets - 'The Farmers' Yaxley;

20th November
11th December
15th January 2012
12th February
11th March

http://www.thefarmersyaxley.co.uk/
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Theres a meeting at Barry Annells Garage in October, but thats for CCC bods, we could try and arrange a winter meeting.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

There is a problem if people are not CCC members - but thought the fact that there were dedicated events happening anyway, might 'washout proof' any projected BX meet up - if people knew something was going ahead anyway they are far more likely to make the effort as the possiblity of it being a couple of blokes in a pub car park in the pouring rain is minimised! :D

Seperate BX Club meets would be good if you could galvanise interest; which would be difficult ( I imagine) for a small club spread so thinly geographically? Although, I'd definitely support independent meetings.

Anyway, I said I'd post the info as a result of my conversation with Mark and people could join the CCC if they wanted; you get a funky magazine and some stickers for 30 quid a year . . . bargain! :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Paul296 wrote: Anyway, I said I'd post the info as a result of my conversation with Mark and people could join the CCC if they wanted; you get a funky magazine and some stickers for 30 quid a year . . . bargain! :D
That can of worms has been opened before, I agree for £30 its money well spent but not everyone agrees!

There also alot of information, pictures, and technical knowhow in the magazine too, plus discounted ferry crossing, RAC membership ......
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Naturally, I'd prefer something further west, but it would be good to meet up. Especially if I can get the Mk1 sorted enough to actually make it!
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

How about a meet up at Gaydon, National Motor Museum. Fairly central geographic location. We could discuss the details of the Citroen Classic Challenge, as well as the 2012 ICCCCCCCCRRR, in the restaurant upstairs, as well as looking at the collection of BL,s finest work. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

If you're more west country based, you can always come along to the Avon Racing Tortoises monthly meeting. Although primarily a 2CV group, we welcome any Citroen enthusiasts, regardless of whether they are in a Club. Current regulars include a guy with a GSA, a xantia, a ZX and several BX's, another rebuilding an H van, and many A series owners like myself who own other models, both old and new. We meet at the Huntsman in Downend on the 2nd Tuesday of the month if you're interested.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

mds141 wrote:How about a meet up at Gaydon, National Motor Museum. Fairly central geographic location. We could discuss the details of the Citroën Classic Challenge, as well as the 2012 ICCCCCCCCRRR, in the restaurant upstairs, as well as looking at the collection of BL,s finest work. :)
Gaydon might be good? It's certainly very central. But looking at a collection of 'BL's finest work' - on a full stomach, with my delicate constitution? Shurely shome mishtake!? :D vom=