Tech Weekend Ludlow, August 24/25/26th

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Re: Tech Weekend Ludlow, August 24/25/26th

Post by catsinthewelder »

The campers mine, useful for transporting bits down, sleeping in and going to fetch stuff when the BX had no oil in :)

It was a shame that you (and the others) couldn't make it, but starting small probably helped in some ways. The entrance to the field was starting to get a bit muddy by Saturday afternoon. If we'd got the full capacity of 20 that I had permission for then it could have become a problem.

I should have mentioned to the others earlier, well done on the pictures. You've really captured it well :D
Ex BXer
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

catsinthewelder wrote:Oh well I think we can call that a success then :D

Thankyou very much to everyone who came, it wouldn't have been the same without any one of you.

I don't think we damaged anything so hopefully we can run it here again, if not I'm sure we'll find somewhere as I'm well up for another. Next time I'll try and avoid a bank holiday weekend just after an enormous international Citroën gathering and book drier weather.
I'd love to have attended, unfortunately work got in the way. Weekends are pretty much a no go for me unless I book annual leave. Oh well at least it's a job. [-o<
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Sad that I missed it, especially ironic that it was the nearest meet to me by a long way! Next time I'll be there...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Mat - I think we're going to have to get our heads together and organise a weekend BX roadtrip in Wales. Just a weekender. It'll be the closest meet we ever go to!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Sounds good - maybe a Tech weekend at my place? Although I had better clear that one with the boss beforehand! :(

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I was thinking more of a driving hoon event. Don't want to steal catinthewelder's thunder with the tech events! Though I was wondering if you'd be interested helping with the cambelt change on my Mk2...(I know I can do it myself, but might be easier with one person above and one below the engine bay. We can share the cursing!).
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Post by catsinthewelder »

A weekend hooning round Wales sounds like a good laugh but don't worry about nicking ideas guys. There was a bit of talk over the weekend about doing some mini tech weekends ( not much smaller than this one) at peoples houses concentrating on one car. A sort of put half a dozen greasy BXers up for the weekend and get that job you're dreading done type of deal.

Obviously if you live in a flat with no off street parking then it could prove tricky to host.

Artic Steel's GT needs a re-pipe, we have been discussing possibilitys ;)
Ex BXer
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

catsinthewelder wrote:Artic Steel's GT needs a re-pipe, we have been discussing possibilitys ;)

I thought the same thing, he has plenty of parking too! I will try and make it for a bit longer next time and bring some polishing cloths etc! :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I would be up for a repeat event, although might just mess about doing other stuff to my car while calling "HALP!" occasionally if I need someone more experienced to check I've screwed things up properly* (or to take the wheels off for me :rolleyes:)

*see whut I did thar?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
artic-steel
BXpert

Post by artic-steel »

http://www.snowdoninn.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , I have camped here it is a lovely pub & offers everything from camping to en suite so could be a good base for a winter weekend in Wales.
1984 - Citroen BX 19GT
1999 - Volvo S40 1.8
1999 - Kawasaki ZX6R J1
1986 - Kawasaki GPZ900R A3
1985 - Kawasaki GPZ900R A2