2013 CCC NATIONAL RALLY, Thank you Everyone!

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: 2013 CCC NATIONAL RALLY! GET YOUR CAMPING PRE-BOOKED!!

Post by Tim Leech »

Vanny wrote:Cheers Tim.

I don't think Nigel would let even the Queen run things her own way. I don't envy your predicament!

Ive got to know him quite well as of late, he is the most eccentric guy in the world, but his dedication to the marque and the CCC itself is oustanding and he is very kind hearted.

Just trying to get him to "delegate" a little interesting....we shall see If I get a turn on the PA this year as I had the mic taken off me like a naughty school boy in 2011.... :shock:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Tim Leech wrote:Please note you book your camping space through Wicksteed Park...not me, as some of the FCF people have tried too!

01536 512475
Bit confused here, I thought you said we could just rock up and pay on the gate for camping? Or is that just the show and camping HAS to be pre-booked?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

According to Wicksteed Pk's own website, under the T&C'S camping sub menu, "all camping pitches must be pre-booked using a debit/credit card".

It seems to be the ( camping ) industry standard practice these days Doc.

I suppose campsites get an awful lot of idiots reserving pitches and not turning up, so fair enough.

And Doc, don't worry about being confused, it happens to me almost every day!! :-)
Last edited by mds141 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

*no firearms are allowed on site*

Bugger, I'd better leave the Gatling gun at home then!! :-(
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

No firearms? Right that's it, I'm staying home! Wait, what about a tank? Are tanks allowed..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Doesn't mention tanks, or half tracks. Rommel, you're most welcome!! :-D
Mark Smith

citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Got a mate witha 50mm recoiless rifle - drove his 2CV pickup from Winchester to Bristol a few years back with it mounted on its stand in the back - got a few odd looks on the M4, and it did increase the roll on corners somewhat!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'm travelling up on the Sunday morning, so if anyone fancies tagging along, just follow the trail of smoke up the M5/M42/M6 etc.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Well, home again. I am a terrible photographer, so will let others post those and just write some words. There are some pictures already on the book of faces, which I don't think you have to log in to see (CCC page and BX Club page)

I didn't get there until quite late on Friday night - about 9.30 or so - after a long hot day in the office. There was plenty of space in our little corner of a very large campsite (shower/loo blocks in Leicestershire). Tim had eaten, I cooked some mess or other which Mark and I despatched before we all turned in reasonably early.

I woke up at 6 am on the Saturday to an overcast sky - convinced it would "burn off" I sensibly smothered myself in Factor 50 suncream, but it remained overcast all day - at some points it was even chilly. LOVELY after such a long hot week and probably for the best rather than everyone walking round the campsite looking at shiny metal in blazing sun. Tim and I did first shift on the gate and it was great fun talking to people as they came in and admiring their P&Js, but you can have a bit too much of a good thing: 4 hours and only one cup of tea later I'd really had enough of that. Mark, later joined by Jane, manned the gate whilst Tim, Michael and I shot off into Kettering to entirely fail to find McDonalds and Tesco. Subway and Morrisons proved to be perfectly adequate subsitutes. Fortified by lunch and with BBQ makings in hand we returned to the field of dreams and had a wander round. Great to catch up with old friends and make some new ones throughout the rest of the day. Excellent turnout for the first day of a weekend, I do believe that the Xantias won hands down, which was only right and proper, given their 20th anniversary. One of the nice things about being on the gate was talking to a number of people who weren't club members but loved Citroens so had come to visit and admire (either on foot or in German/Japanese/other tat).

I'm really not a big drinker but after a very tiring day decided that red wine was both deserved and required and lack of same was an issue that could only be resolved by getting into a complete stranger's car (OHAI Dave) and this time, actually finding Tesco (well, he did). BBQ (lovely), erudite comparison of sub-fiver bottles of wine, merriment, mess, and setting fire to things (inevitably) ensued: I'd loaded up the boot of my car with some wood for Mat, which at a couple of points during the next few hours seemed an *alarmingly* bad idea ... Finally made it to bed at 2.30 am to wake up at 5 when it got light.

Despite entire lack of hangover (much envied in some quarters), adamantly refused to face the day on only 3 hours sleep, managed to get a few more in and actually wasn't the first up and about - those honours going to Tim and Mrs Tim. Messed about with concours forms, hijacked Nigel to insist that someone not from the BX Club should really take a turn on the gate now, babysat raffle tickets whilst entirely failing to be of any use whatsoever in responding to punters' questions except for being able to point 'em at where concours entries should go. Wandered round the field with Mrs Tim, made a valiant attempt to sell him a Visa with the admirable aid of a very nice man who let him sit in one and play with the funny switches. Lovely to catch up with more people, vote for concours - some really tough choices to be made there - and generally 'hang out. Some beautiful cars again, good turnout from most marques, RWDs absent but especially lovely to see a Bijou. I think the BXs won the day on turnout today: good to "meet" the black GTI Hurricane and see some other old friends again - A/RBX, "that" gold GT with only 8K miles on the clock, Rob M's elegant blue TRS amongst others. A few late late entries for NEC nominations to be posted tomorrow when I'm a bit less wiped and will get the poll opened this week for voting to be completed by end August.

Helped the Chair count up concours votes: Tim was most embarrassed to have to announce his own car as the winner of the BXs, hopefully he wasn't too crestfallen by Mike's, Mark's and my Pythonesque shouts of "We didn't vote for you" - C1 TBX was truly the people's choice then. Luckily there wasn't a 'shed of the show' category as Timex may have been given a run for its money by a gloriously tatty Xantia.

Packing up and goodbyes are always sad, but the sun came out to cheer us on our way, and (several) final cups of tea later, the weekend was over. Thanks - as always - to Mark for letting us all run in and out of BX Club HQ, using the gas and water, creating washing up and mayhem. Hopefully he'll enjoy having it to himself tonight in peace and quiet as he finally gets a chance to look at his ICCCR book! Thanks to Tim for organising - he did such a great job that he has been nominated to organise next year's National too - I'm hereby confirming my offer of co-ordinating/assisting to co-ordinate volunteers/rotas so that we don't end up with people stood at the gate for too long. Thanks to Jaba for o/s/f wing, Tim for fitting same and Mat for slotting in a relay which will hopefully prevent the car's intermittent starting fault recurring. Thanks to everyone else for what was a smashing weekend - looking forward to the next event :)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

Great to meet everyone and well done to all the stalwarts for who weren't as lightweight as me and did the weekend! Nice to see a reasonable turn-out of BXs. A shame the sun didn't put in an appearance until the drive home... I took a few pics which I'm posting here, but I'm going to let others put up the full monty gallery.

My favourite car, the Traction Avant Tourer 1939, a truly awesome restoration project!
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Home, washers on, GT unpacked, the wife's delivered safetly back home and I'm just about awake?

Thanks to you all who attended and of course those that assisted me to make the rally a success!

No new tailblazers, mudflaps or centre armrests on sale....guarantee if Paul296 had come we would have a choice !

As for next year? Well who knows, I need as Sandre pointed out more help on the day as I didn't get chance to inspect the cars or look round Wicksteed either.

On a plus side I managed to get a go on the tannoy to do concours and raffle prizes! Although I could see Nigel out the corner of my eye getting twitchy!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

You should have just started making facts up Tim, see how much of a twitch you could generate.

"The BX was of course styled by Ronnie Barker, with a choice of engines also shared with the Volvo 340. And look at this lovely DS, complete with bodywork designed to be invisible to radar. The suspension is controlled by the world's first super-computer."
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

:rofl: ^ Thread WIN.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Caffiend wrote:Well, home again. I am a terrible photographer, so will let others post those and just write some words. There are some pictures already on the book of faces, which I don't think you have to log in to see (CCC page and BX Club page)

Sandre, thats not the case, you do need an account to login to view !

:(

Charlotte
BXpert

Post by Charlotte »

Well that was ever so slightly brilliant - thanks so much to the incredibly dedicated and hard working organisers!

I look forward to getting horribly drunk in a field with you all again soon. I may even turn up in a BX one day.
Bride of Stinkwheel
http://weaselsemark.carbonmade.com

Citroen BX St Tropez
Still not over H592 AGW "Hugo" TZD Turbo