CCC Northern Rally

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Been to Wetherby today, in the rain, not a lot to report as there wasn't really any one there (loads of people arriving though), needed to come home and revise/sleep so left at about 12:30 having only seen one other BX!

Hope those going up tomorrow enjoy the drive, i certainly did and it was relatively easy to find!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ive got too much on and the weathers thats forecast I dont really mind too much!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I can't go now anyway. Both Mike Parson's and my own cars are being filmed for a TV programme at Santa Pod tomorrow.

I'll be at the National though
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Mine too! Just fitted me TSW alloys and mudflaps and Im well pleased! Shes sporting a bxclub sticker with pride also! Just have to get the vax round the interior and were looking good!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Just got back from Wetherby.

Despite all the doom and gloom regarding the weather, it was an excellent turnout and mostly fine but also a bit cool.

There were several BXs in attendance with quite a few known ones. I managed to give out my remaining 5 BXclub flyers and had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. I had to leave early so as not to buy a really nice N reg XM auto estate :shock:

There was one particular BX which caught my eye over the rest, this was an L reg 19TXD estate in best colour red with silver alloys.
The owner tells me he bought it at a car boot for £100, then decided to fit a 17td engine and box from a ZX. He also has upgraded the brakes to vented discs, fitted new rear arm bearings and done a full repipe. Looking under the bonnet it looked exactly right, just like a BX17td. :D

Here it is with it's very proud owner.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I've just got back from Wetherby, the weather was appalling but i got to drive the new Citroen C6, Richard's (off this very forum) cream BX16 RE and Barnsley BX'ers TZD.

Thanks to all who let me loose with their cars and to Dean who got me the injectors.

The new C6 is FANTASTIC!!! :D :twisted:
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Any pics of the C6?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Only on my SLR
Over and out from me
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

It was nice to put faces to names.Ian and Classic 2cv,I met for the first time,Ken and Richard I already knew.9 BX's in total.I had an ejoyable day in spite of the weather.Nice to meet you Ian and Curtis.Here are a few pictures
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

That beiges ones nice! Glad you had a nice time shame I couldt make it!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

the IVORY one looks sweet, never seen one with a spoiler, nor one with alloys, sigh, shame really!

And dean dont forget my BX turning up a day early :(
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Sorry Vanny,I'll requote.10 BX's over the weekend,though I missed 1.How's that mate?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

well i turned up on Satruday and you couldn't be found! There was nothing to do, i was hungry and needed to get back to revision so tootled back home when i realised i was just a little too early!

I did speak to some guys both CCC one with a white bx, very friendly though did take the piss out of the GF being dragged along and the rubber bands i call rear tyres!

If nothing else the car absolutley flew all the way there and back and even givne the rain it was a good distraction from the ole revisionating!
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

I never go up on Saturdays cos there's not a lot to do :D Was the pizza van operating?If not ,you missed a treat,there not the cheapest in the world,but they're delicious.In fact I've had one today.Wsa the white BX a very tidy J-reg n/a diesel :?:
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

yeah thats the one dean, think the owner was called ken or kev or somewhere around that area. The pizza van wasn't there, i've heard about that before! Ended up going into wetherby to the Whaler for food, then scurried back home!