Over 2k
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Rustival

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Hi BXers, anyone planning on going to the new Rustival event at Gaydon? I only found out about it a few hours ago, Its on 9th March and is very reasonably priced I think. I'll be along in the GT :D
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Rustival

Post by Jaba »

Not me as I will be away skiing in March. I know that a few BX people are going.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Post by panky »

I'll be there and I think our resident YouTuber will be too :D
Image Image Image
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Yes all booked, but will be in another car
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.

Post by panky »

A really good and well organised show, the most interesting car park you've ever seen spanning all the available places at the museum with only a few empty spots. About a thousand cars apparently.
We met up with a few BX'ers and got loads of interest in the GT throughout the day, I was going hoarse by the end chatting to visitors and new friends. We found Tom buffing his bumpers and spiffing up his GT spoiler and also has a chat with Bruce in his cross-over Mk2 TRS and later with his other half Will who was a very complimentary to DKK. I was very impressed with the depth of their knowledge on BX's it put mine to shame, but I'm learning to place all the individual components together as I get to know the car. This was demonstrated when Tom noticed a rather large pool of LHM forming under DKK - PANNNNNIIIIIIIIIC :shock: While I was busy rolling in a quickly forming puddle of green stuff frantically wiping the steady dribble away with a snotty tissue in the vain hope it would stop :roll: I was convinced it was coming from the accumulator sphere joint but cooler heads were in the engine bay and quickly diagnosed a leaking pipe on the pressure regulator. Luckily I had packed a full tool kit but only a 12mm spanner was needed to fix the problem. Thanks Tom and Will for your quick thinking and observation skills =D>
We also met up with Kitch who had a couple of bits and pieces for me (thanks Rich), Dave (VEPs new owner) and Chris from the Adventures in Rust YouTube channel (who has a running battle with his C5 estate) and had a quick chat with Philip Chidlow and introduced myself to Vanny, all great characters and very friendly - great to meet you all 8)

I counted nine (I think) BX's and tried to photograph them all but the sun was so strong I couldn't see the screen on my phone so apologies in advance for the crap pics.

Toms GT up on it's stilts with its bumpers being buffed

There was also this rather gorgeous CX ans a Visa GTi (I didn't get a picture of that)

Apparently there was also a Saxo engined Hillman Imp there but it was heavily disguised as a C6 but who'd be interested in that :wink:
Image Image Image
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Some great shots there. But not as good as actually being there in person obviously.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

And to top it I got 36 to the gallon only dropping below 70mph for roadworks. Not bad I think :D
Image Image Image
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

panky wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:40 pm And to top it I got 36 to the gallon only dropping below 70mph for roadworks. Not bad I think :D
Ah-ha the icing on the cake then. Much better than the LHM on the ground.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I didn't realise it was DKK that had disgraced itself, I heard it was a BX estate!

Trust it was nothing serious?!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

T'was DKK and she's very embarrassed - there's always one :roll: : It was just a loose connection on the pressure regulator (I think, I'm still finding my way around things) . Easily sorted with a quick nip with a spanner, the rest of the show was brilliant so too were the journeys there and back. Bernie drove us home and he too was impressed.
Image Image Image
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

The first car event of the year for BXProject was Rustival 2024.
A month on, I've finally done a quick write up of the inaugural (and awesome) event. I'm already excited about the next one!

https://bxproject.co.uk/blog/bxproject-rustival-2024/
panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

Coming in September, location still to be announced
Image Image Image
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I know, I can't wait. Frankly I don't care what the venue is as it will be worth travelling to. My guess is that we will be heading the Great British Car Journey in Derbyshire
panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

Is there enough space? I think they would need to restrict entry if it was, there were over 800 cars at Gaydon.
Image Image Image