National 2009?

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

i really want to come to the National, but i have a gig the previous evening so i'd have to get the Sunday am ferry - in at 11.30am, probably get to Godmanchester at 4.30/5pm. I'm not sure if its worth it at the moment. What goes on during the day? Is everyone down for the Saturday night in which case all i might be missing out on is a hangover nursing lockdown? How many BXers are staying around for the Sunday night?
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Max, would be nice to see you but from memory by half 4/5pm most people have gone or are about to head home so it may be a wasted trip.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Yes, unfortunately I don't think there'll be much to see at 4:30 onwards...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Hmmm yes another alternative is flying into Stansted 1st thing in the morning and getting a train from there without the car. Maybe i'll do that.

I'm kindof on the lookout for another, maybe second BX - Do cars ever change hands at the National?
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

There are some cars for sale at the National Max, dont remember seeing a BX, but you may get lucky.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Tourist wrote:Out of curiosity how come BXC don't have a yearly get-together ... ?
That's a great idea, we could invite Harry Carpenter to officiate :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Less than 2 weeks to go guys and gals, you DONT have to be a member to get in, you will pay a coupld of quid more on the gate, this is the biggest UK Citroen Show of the year so worth a look.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

I'm unsure whether to come to the National! Driving over is now out of the question as i have work the previous evening and its an expensive trip with the car. So i'm considering flying into Stansted.

Whats the deal this year seen as its a one-day event? Anyone here staying for the Sunday night or will it pretty much be over and heading home time?

My question on here regarding whether cars exchange hands or deals are done at the National or similar events is because I am now officially on the lookout for something really nice in BX land - pref a low mileage 'drive like new' condition, to complement my exisiting estate which is racking up the miles as my daily driver. Anything considered really. I'd love a mk1, but on the mk2 front a TD or Gti auto would be my preference. I'd also consider a GS/GSA or i would say DS but probably a little out of my price range. I see Ren16tx has just advertised his on For Sale.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Max,

Every rally ive been too there is normally a few cars for sale, and there is normally a BX in there, I would say by 5pm it will be pretty much over as you find alot of members travel from all over the place so set off by then to get home before dark. I am aiming to be there by 10am and will be heading home by about 4pm latest.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Come to Stratford instead Max, all the cool kids are going to that.
It's a proper weekend event, lots of drinking, I imagine it would be a little easier for you to get there, and it it tends to be somewhat more laid back than the national.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

mmm baby no.2 is due around then so i don't know if thats possible. A laid-back two-dayer sounds good though. I'll know nearer the time.

Doc hows your TD auto doing? I fancy a conversion like that in my estate is it alot of work?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have heard (but this may be a case of Chinese whispers!) that this year cars will not be arranged in model-designated areas. In other words, the showground becomes a car park.

I don't think so... :evil:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

:!: I can't see that happening, people with similar cars are going to want to camp out next to each other
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I can assure you I will be parking next to a BX, most probably you Phil lol!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

maxgreenwood wrote: Doc hows your TD auto doing? I fancy a conversion like that in my estate is it alot of work?
Erm, well, it isn't mine, it's my dad's. It's fine ta.

Alot of work, well, yes, and expensive. You'd need to budget around £4.5K to do the same thing again now, and you'd need a gearbox case for ZF to build the guts into.
I still have the original plans for the box, but it took 3 months for that one to to be made and get shipped from Germany.

As for un organised parking, I dont think thats a bad thing really, less regimented and all, if a traction parks in the mox with D's and BX's, then maybe some of the old bastards might actually look at the BX's for a change...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...