NEC nominations - Poll for voting in Events section

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: NEC nominations

Post by Kitch »

Tim Leech wrote:I vote for the GT if its done in time.....you deserve it after all the hard work.
Cheers Tim. The 16v would mean more to me, but the GT is also close to my heart as I can't help but think it wouldn't be around anymore if I hadn't bid on it back in 2006.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I think the GT with plenty of pictures of the car before and mid resto will draw the crowds
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mike22861
BXpert

Post by mike22861 »

Nice to hear we got a stand.

The Silver Gti 4x4 is available as is the Red Baron but it was there last year
There are plenty pictures of both on this site and most of you have seen them.
With or without car I'm available to help all weekend.
1992 BX 4x4 Gti aircon Silver
1991 BX 19 TGD Red(the Red Baron)
1993 BX 17 TZD Red the new Daily
1986 BX 16 RS Leader (The only 1 left I believe)
2003 Landrover Defender 110 CSW TD5
1985 Landrover Defender 90 4SC County
some other newer Nissans
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Im quite happy to help out for a day or two (i will need to take time off), and not fussed about having a car this time unless you are short, there should be enough cars for us to choose from.

What I would say is that IF you do display on the stand please ensure the car is valeted properly beforehand (Tom and I had to get busy on set up day) as running it through Sainsburys car wash enroute wont be enough as the standard of the cars in general on show is impressive! :wink:
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Tim Leech wrote:Im quite happy to help out for a day or two (i will need to take time off), and not fussed about having a car this time unless you are short, there should be enough cars for us to choose from.

What I would say is that IF you do display on the stand please ensure the car is valeted properly beforehand (Tom and I had to get busy on set up day) as running it through Sainsburys car wash enroute wont be enough as the standard of the cars in general on show is impressive! :wink:
Yeah, good point. Mike Sims' BX was a bloody disgrace. :P
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Dollywobbler wrote:
Tim Leech wrote:Im quite happy to help out for a day or two (i will need to take time off), and not fussed about having a car this time unless you are short, there should be enough cars for us to choose from.

Yeah, good point. Mike Sims' BX was a bloody disgrace. :P

Lol Mikes was the only car that looked worse for a clean! :lol: Im happy to offer my valeting skills and supplies for set up day etc.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Promptly and gratefully accepted Mr L - but as he's said (and I said in my first post) - washed and polished beforehand please, as we won't have the water supplies etc to get off ingrained dirt!
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Modstox257
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Modstox257 »

I would love ! to take my 1992 BX 19 TGD to represent the Retro side of things ? :)
Attachments
bx222.jpg
Andy c:

1992 Citroen BX Hatchback 1.9D (Red) FOR SALE !
1993 Vauxhall Nova Van 1.5D (Blue)
1977 Mini Clubman 1275GT (Brown/Blue ''Restoration'')
1968 Ford Anglia Saloon Deluxe (Blue ''Restoration'')
1989 Volvo 240 GL Saloon 2.0L non turbo (Blue)
1989 Citroen BX 16 Valve Phase 1 (White)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Hmmm, wondering about mine?

It's red, an estate, has reasonable performance and is a most certainly a project car! AC and leather seats too, which might be an interesting contrast with (say) an early basic model? No concours but doesn't look too bad considering the mileage and the fact it's a daily driver. Lastly I'll have owned it for a few months short of 10 years by then...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Nice looking caravan in the background. :D
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I have a few more pictures of Modstox257's (Andy's) car by e-mail which I will edit in and add to this post tomorrow (later today, as I post ....), here's the "story" he sent - hi Andy, there's a few of you around who are younger than your cars, it's fab to see :D

In his own words -

"Hello My names Andrew and I turned 17 on the 6th January 2013, Then found and bought my BX on the 27th January. Truth be told I never intended to buy a BX Id never seen one or even heard of one. But as that shape came into view on the eBay page I was sold ! Picked it up, then drove it around on my pervisional license it was a real experiance learning to drive in her too. I passed my test 4 weeks ago and been driving my BX everyday its so nice to have the freedom to drive but especially to drive 'Me old girl' but enough about me. The car. She's a 1992 Citroen BX 19 TGD Hatcback in EJX Red, Changed interior for a higher spec one not sure what model its out of though also the original wheel trims have gone and now the orignal refurbished steels sit there in a old English white pait job wrapped in new Avon tyres. One thing I love about my car is the fact its got a Helix sticker next to the Citroen badge on the boot as it was sold from the Helix garage in Essex and still wears the orignal Helix number plates. The car is very tidy bumpers have been resprayed, but the bodywork and paint is in a very good conditon cosidering its been used daily by me and the previous owner. I would love my car to be nominated to be at the stand as it reaches out to the younger generation as its a very Retro looking machine.

p.s 1st picture is of how I bought it then my progression with it. "

EDIT: extra piece of flapjack for Paul, and note to self not to post half-asleep. I've copied the above text and added the rest of the photos to Andy's blog, here
Last edited by Caffiend on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Nice story! Thanks Andrew. I think that was Neil CGATS old TGD? In very nice nick I seem to remember. I'm younger than my car of course! :^o
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Lol Mikes was the only car that looked worse for a clean!
I'll have you know I spent days polishing that particular turd! :wink:
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

If we end up with a few high-milers on the stand, such as Mat's estate, can I suggest someone makes some large milometers that we can place on the cars to show how far they've travelled? I'm all for having at least one car that isn't perfect, but shows a few signs of use.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

..that_

Timex seemed to draw at least as much of a crowd as any of the others last year, so I'd suggest at least one shed, if only to illustrate how these cars are found sometimes!

I'm not volunteering it this time, partly because it was on the stand last year, partly because I'll be out the country!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!