My shiney BX

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

My shiney BX

Post by Kitch »

No, not shiney.....grimey! Thats the one, I knew it kinda sounded the same.

Not much has changed on the old bone recently, except the gearknob has been modified to AX GT spec! (basically same as a normal 16v one with a red band instead of black)

It's also lovely and clean:

And is just recovering after shitting it's guts over the garage floor (I think it's going round at the moment)

Overall still the same old. It's coming off the road for a while soon though, due to the MOT expiring shortly....petrol prices being ridiculous....numerous things still being wrong after long and stressful attempts to fix them and a TVR which is commanding more money (oddly enough!)
It's being retired to a garage for the year, so there will be no valver at the CCC shows this year, possibly a loud and anti-social TVR though. Although it's no louder than Doc after a few beers....120db recorded at Goodwood on Saturday. :shock:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Kitch wrote
petrol prices being ridiculous....
surely the TVR can't be less thirsty - must make the 16v seem economical!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Not as different as you'd think! The BX will do say, 90-110 miles on £20 on normal (yes, I am ashamed!) unleaded. The Tiv will do around 80.

BX only averages about 25mpg and the TVR around 20-23mpg if my maths are correct. Although the TVR could burn a tenner in about 15miles if I tired hard enough.

Main difference is that the valver was being used daily, which eqautes to crippling fuel costs each week (around £30-40!). The TVR only comes out on some weekends, allbeit dry ones, as it leaks!

The BX has now been replaced by a Ford, which costs less to fill up than the BX used in a week, yet lasts longer. It also handles better and has aircon! The downside is that its a Ford :oops:

So the BX is now residing in it's own private damp garage.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
bexxy
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bexxy »

I just watched this bx H14 BAH on a clip of an episode of used car roadshow on you tube, thought i'd seen that number plate before..
2010 Berlingo 1.6 hdi (15000 miles
2009 107 silver 5dr (9k)
2006 C15 Rouge , windows all round (27k )
3 Honda C90 cubs ( 24miles, 400miles, 10k)
2010 Suzuki van van 125 (172 miles )
Raleigh Bomber pushbike