BXs

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
frugg
BXpert
BXpert
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:44 pm

BXs

Post by frugg » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:12 pm

A pic of my GTi and TZD next to my 2 Series 1 CX Turbos:

Image
Last edited by frugg on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:46 am
Location: Closet boozing...normally under bonnet
x 1

Post by BX Bandit » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Damn - that really makes me want a CX! :x Wolsley House Motors are scrapping a lovely C plate Estate that they'd restored. It was listed at £2k which I thought was steep so as it didn't sell they're scrapping it! Why not reduce in the hope of a genuine sale to a good home. I was very tempted, but not at price....it had a/c as well!
have some balls
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TZD (with A/C) Pink
1990 BX TGD White
2003 Audi A6 2.5 TDi
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue

User avatar
Kitch
Over 2k
Posts: 6195
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:36 pm
Location: Fareham, Hants
x 48

Post by Kitch » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:00 pm

BX Bandit wrote:Damn - that really makes me want a CX! :x Wolsley House Motors are scrapping a lovely C plate Estate that they'd restored. It was listed at £2k which I thought was steep so as it didn't sell they're scrapping it! Why not reduce in the hope of a genuine sale to a good home. I was very tempted, but not at price....it had a/c as well!
Because they're not enthusiasts, they're only there to make money I would say, judging by that.
£2k is steep for a CX that isn't a Prestige, Turbo or mint example. To break it up because they couldn't get the money is just sill and if they'd genuinely spent time and labour restoring every inch of that shell they wouldn't wanna chuck it, so personally I'd question just how good it is underneath. It's probably just polished well :lol:

User avatar
MULLEY
Over 2k
Posts: 8375
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Derbyshire
x 3

Post by MULLEY » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Great collection of cars, i'm thinking along the same lines as Kitch, makes no sense unless its worth more in parts?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Remapped - It goes better
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - it does over 60mpg
1992 TZD Turbo - SORN - slowly getting there
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze is back on the road since 2008
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.

User avatar
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:46 am
Location: Closet boozing...normally under bonnet
x 1

Post by BX Bandit » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Well words well put mate. Wolseley House Motors have always been overpriced and then some IMO. I can't remember what 'breed' of CX it was Kitch but it was too good to scrap (I would of thought!) As you've already hinted, they are (very) overpriced and it seems that their car stock has now been sold and the rest is for spares. I do fancy a CX tho'.......

Here's a question for everyone then. Would you have a CX or XM and why? I'd say XM only because I know sweet FA about the CX! For French-ness though....CX!
have some balls
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TZD (with A/C) Pink
1990 BX TGD White
2003 Audi A6 2.5 TDi
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue

frugg
BXpert
BXpert
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by frugg » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Kitch wrote:Because they're not enthusiasts, they're only there to make money I would say, judging by that.
I disagree - Danny at Wolsley House Motos is a true Citroen enthusiast - he has a barn full of CX's and has most Citroen models.

It sounds a shame about the Estate but i guess there was a reason for it.
Damn - that really makes me want a CX!
Here is a picture of 3 cx turbos:

Image
Last edited by frugg on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mat_fenwick
Moderator
Posts: 7275
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: North Wales
x 13

Post by mat_fenwick » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:47 pm

CX Prestige Turbo 2 for me...I saw one for sale a few years ago for about £7k - looked AMAZING but was about £6.5 over my budget.
Image

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad

User avatar
MULLEY
Over 2k
Posts: 8375
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Derbyshire
x 3

Post by MULLEY » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 pm

I'd love a series 2 diesel turbo in metalic blue, anyone got one lying about :lol:
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Remapped - It goes better
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - it does over 60mpg
1992 TZD Turbo - SORN - slowly getting there
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze is back on the road since 2008
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.

User avatar
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:46 am
Location: Closet boozing...normally under bonnet
x 1

Post by BX Bandit » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:56 pm

I have seen a met blue one and I kid you not. I'll try and find out where.

frugg, there has been more than the CX Estate for sale from WHM. I think there have been an XM or two as well. But I don't get it that they are now scrapping the car - unless by coincidence they had two C plate CX Estates in Red and now their online stock is empty! :(
have some balls
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TZD (with A/C) Pink
1990 BX TGD White
2003 Audi A6 2.5 TDi
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue

User avatar
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:46 am
Location: Closet boozing...normally under bonnet
x 1

Post by BX Bandit » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:57 pm

have some balls
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TZD (with A/C) Pink
1990 BX TGD White
2003 Audi A6 2.5 TDi
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue

User avatar
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
Posts: 2583
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:46 am
Location: Closet boozing...normally under bonnet
x 1

Post by BX Bandit » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:00 pm

frugg wrote:
Kitch wrote: Because they're not enthusiasts, they're only there to make money I would say, judging by that.
I disagree - Danny at Wolsley House Motos is a true Citroen enthusiast - he has a barn full of CX's and has most Citroen models.

It sounds a shame about the Estate but i guess there was a reason for it.
Damn - that really makes me want a CX!
Here is a picture of my 3 cx turbos:

Image
Damn they look good! I find myself drawn to the silver one in a very French way, but the Blacky looks stunning too! Proper citroen!
have some balls
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TZD (with A/C) Pink
1990 BX TGD White
2003 Audi A6 2.5 TDi
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue

User avatar
MULLEY
Over 2k
Posts: 8375
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Derbyshire
x 3

Post by MULLEY » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Cheers bandit, thats a fantastic colour, shame its got all those battle scars & rust on the door, gawd knows what else is wrong with it. Now if i had a few grand spare i'd grab that & get it done up, sweeeeeet :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Remapped - It goes better
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - it does over 60mpg
1992 TZD Turbo - SORN - slowly getting there
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze is back on the road since 2008
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.

frugg
BXpert
BXpert
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by frugg » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 pm

BX Bandit wrote:Would you have a CX or XM and why?
A CX anyday!!! Just look at them and drive them - they are much better than the XM.

I don't know anything about the safari so can't really comment that much - sounds a shame though.

Ultimate cx would probably be prestige turbo although i do love the maikonics powered one (the black one). That is mega quick!!!
^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
Last edited by frugg on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jonathan_dyane
BXpert
BXpert
Posts: 975
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:15 pm
Location: Liverpool

Post by jonathan_dyane » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:54 pm

BX Bandit wrote: Would you have a CX or XM and why? I'd say XM only because I know sweet FA about the CX! For French-ness though....CX!
I'd happily have either, although I have to say the CX does have a great deal of rust potential, but then the XM has electrickery galore that just loves to die... I would quite fancy a series 1 XM diesel particularly, but couldn't justify smoking round in such a big car. BX wins...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski

User avatar
Kitch
Over 2k
Posts: 6195
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:36 pm
Location: Fareham, Hants
x 48

Post by Kitch » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:22 pm

Was WHM the place that bought the white Visa GTI off gaybay for a coupla hundred and then polished it and tried to flogg it off for something stupid like £3k? Or was that someone else?

Either way, opinions or not....can't be that enthused about them if they're going to break a supposedly nice one purely because someone won't pay their inflated prices.

Anyway.....its not a company bashing thread, its a picture of a silver CX that going by the reg thinks it's an XR3i, another that thinks it's some imaginary friend that some people don't lose at 11years old and that the same people hail for all of life's 'miracles' (but can't explain cancer etc)....or is that another O? :lol:
And two BX's, one of which was registered in Coventry.

Howcome you don't have a BX valvers in this collection? Is it because you like your CX's to be your quickest vehicles? :P



only kidding matey, looks good.