Dollywobbler's 17TXD Turbo - new home time

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: Dollywobbler's 17TXD Turbo

Post by Dollywobbler »

Yup. Fuel cap seal is part of the MOT and should be tested.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Ugh. After almost two weeks, the BX is up and running again. Couldn't get the rear brakes to bleed up this morning but after I had to dash and do bus duty, the chap managed to coax it into behaving. It's been stuck on his ramp for the best part of a week and has left quite a puddle of LHM beneath it. I'm going to have to get on with trying to find this LHM leak. Not entirely convinced that it isn't just the accumulator seal but there's so much LHM everywhere that it's hard to tell. Hints appreciated!

The chap is struggling to find time to take it for MOT so I'm doing it myself tomorrow. I want it back and proved fit before the NEC!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I've got it back! Took it for MOT, no problem. Though I would have thought a split steering rack gaiter was a fail... (on the to do list).

What a difference though. It is absolutely transformed with its new arm bearings. The ride is so much better. I thought the rear spheres had lost all of their gas but apparently not!

Very happy.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Excellent, my 19TZi was like that, new arm bearings transformed it.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Unsurprisingly, the arms needed a tickle with a welder to make the holes round again. That had been left FAR too long.

Still no idea what it has cost as the chap hasn't worked out an invoice yet...
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I've got it back! Took it for MOT, no problem. Though I would have thought a split steering rack gaiter was a fail... (on the to do list).
This is what my TZD failed on, probably not spotted by the tester. Never even looked at the fuel cap seal.

Well done anyway, one less worry for the year.

Andy
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Did also discover some pipe bodgery around the octopus which is a little worrying. Especially as there were green drips about the place. Looks like there's a lot of work ahead in sorting out the hydraulics.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Congrats on the MOT pass Ian - gives you some breathing space to sort out the other niggles!
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Indeed so. Finally had a chance to get behind the wheel again this morning. I really am starting to like this car an awful lot, though I wish the chap hadn't gone to Mr Clutch when the original wore out. It judders horribly. With the various LHM leaks, I'm just hoping I can wait until the NEC to get some more LHM. I seem to have run out and I don't fancy paying over a tenner for a 1-litre bottle.

In the next few weeks, it'll be transporting me to Birmingham and Sussex again.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Do you want me to grab you a bottle? I'll need to get two bottles, that's the only problem and I have plenty! £17.85 + VAT for 5 litres; does anybody else want to put in an 'order'?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Would be handy if someone else wants to join in. Seems a pretty reasonable price and saves having LOADS of 1-litre bottles cluttering up the place!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Ide be up for some especially if you are coming back to Sussex soon Ian.

Could meet you at an agreed spot. However i do have a lot of trouble with mum at the moment, currently in hospital with a broken wrist and other issues after a fall on Saturday.

Andy
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Might be possible Andy. Bit of a flying visit this time, but will be in Tunbridge.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

mat_fenwick wrote:Do you want me to grab you a bottle? I'll need to get two bottles, that's the only problem and I have plenty! £17.85 + VAT for 5 litres; does anybody else want to put in an 'order'?
Yes please Mat, 5 litres. Delivery to NEC perhaps ?
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

:( It turns out the cut off for the Thursday delivery was yesterday, and the next one is Tuesday; I can still get you both some, but not for the weekend. I can post, but suspect that won't make it any cheaper than elsewhere, as I would think that the cheapest postage is going to be around £6.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad