Mulley's Valver

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Re: Mulley's Valver

Post by Paul296 »

Looks great to me. Someone was going to break that! [-X #-o
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Bit of a 'Q' ship, without the 16v on the rear n/s of the hatch unless there were loads like that. Only recall seeing them with 16v badges though some changed them to 16 soupape French ones. Looks pretty good, wish mine had such a clean non rusty fuel intake.... :lol:
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

It's currently parked in 'storage' awaiting Mulley's next move:

When I say storage, I mean an underground tunnel at the side of the Palmerstone Fort our industrial estate is built in. It's long and deep, and bombproof from the air.....literally. It's the coolest place I've ever seen anyone work on a car! :lol:

It's also freakishly creepy down there, and I'm not into spooky stuff and all that. But I wouldn't sit on my own eating pizzas in the dark room at the back like he does. :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

bxzx16v wrote:It's in the hands of the master now. It certainly does look a solid example, Kitch is there a chance of a pic of all four 16v's together that you have residing with you.

Mark
Sorry missed that. Erm, no there's not really a chance. G-SEG isn't a complete BX anymore and Mulley's has gone in the tunnel. And BAH is at home. Red shell is round the corner in another yard, but it was the only one that could have had a pic with Mulleys, but I couldn't be arsed to push it :lol:

Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Kitch wrote:It's currently parked in 'storage' awaiting Mulley's next move:

When I say storage, I mean an underground tunnel at the side of the Palmerstone Fort our industrial estate is built in. It's long and deep, and bombproof from the air.....literally. It's the coolest place I've ever seen anyone work on a car! :lol:

It's also freakishly creepy down there, and I'm not into spooky stuff and all that. But I wouldn't sit on my own eating pizzas in the dark room at the back like he does. :lol:
Think my Dad used to work out of an office suit there belonging to Gravatom. Never went there myself. Great building.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Wow, looks like one of the old Victorian or earlier 'secret' ammunition stores or some such. There are afew of these strange things built for military use at some time, often reused in WW2. The ones at Pompey definitely were, but there are strange things at Foxhills near Bath and many others. Some are still active so you do not hear about them unless 'in the know'!.

Some are used for science experiments, others for hiding things and screening electronic noise and other stuff. I am always surprised how much legacy ie old sea forts, pill boxes, and other stuff still survives. There are still some of the dummy concrete barges on the East Coast (up the creeks) to fool Hitler into thinking the invasion would be near Calais. Even old WW2 bomb craters survive in some places, there were a few around Walton in the early 70s' along a Thames creek near Shepperton.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Tinkley wrote:Wow, looks like one of the old Victorian or earlier 'secret' ammunition stores or some such. There are afew of these strange things built for military use at some time, often reused in WW2. The ones at Pompey definitely were, but there are strange things at Foxhills near Bath and many others. Some are still active so you do not hear about them unless 'in the know'!.

Some are used for science experiments, others for hiding things and screening electronic noise and other stuff. I am always surprised how much legacy ie old sea forts, pill boxes, and other stuff still survives. There are still some of the dummy concrete barges on the East Coast (up the creeks) to fool Hitler into thinking the invasion would be near Calais. Even old WW2 bomb craters survive in some places, there were a few around Walton in the early 70s' along a Thames creek near Shepperton.
It was built in 1865, and those tunnels were used for ammunition stores as you guessed. It was built in conjunction with the ones in Pompey, but like Brockhurst this one faces inland (incase those cunning Frenchies came ashore somewhere else and tried attacking the Navy from inland :lol:

They used this Fort in WW1 and WW2 for the odd duty and storage too, plus it has a top secret room they used in the cold war for the important people of Fareham to hide out during armageddon :lol:

Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Kitch wrote:
Tinkley wrote:
It was built in 1865, and those tunnels were used for ammunition stores as you guessed. It was built in conjunction with the ones in Pompey, but like Brockhurst this one faces inland (incase those cunning Frenchies came ashore somewhere else and tried attacking the Navy from inland :lol:
What just like the Japanese did to gain Singapore and the Germans did to the Imagino Line. Damn rotters.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
prc86

Post by prc86 »

Looks really tidy and solid. Rust is a lot dearer to fix than any mechanical problems and it looks lke hardly any rust on it at all.

Hope any problems you have get sorted out ok.

Silver must be a really rare colour for one of these.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Kitch wrote:It's currently parked in 'storage' awaiting Mulley's next move:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

China is calling ;)
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
TizzyD
BXpert

Post by TizzyD »

MULLEY wrote:China is calling ;)
Did they wing the wong number ?
'02 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v - 92K - Sold
'09 Yamaha YBR 125 - 1100 miles
'93 Bx 17 TZD Turbo - 240K - The Aubergine

MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

It was a consideration regarding getting cubed.

This car had me really pissed off when Kitch informed that the head was going to have to come off as coolant was pissing out of the core plug at the back of the engine. I mentioned this with the seller (i wouldn't have paid top dollar, well actually over the odds) & would most likely have walked away, so surprise surprise no money was returned back to me :( . So unfortunately with that needing to be done & the cambelt kit/waterpump needing replacing (that bit i did know about), thats pretty much the same price again that i paid for the car :( That & a long list of issues that also need sorting on top of those items means this car is a potential money pit.

However, i've decided that once i can price up the majority of the bits that i need (i'm forgetting about the cosmetics at the mo tbh), then i think i'm going to try & get the car back on the road. I've even looked at selling some shares that i have, just incase i need to have funds available. The annoying thing is that quite a few jobs could be done for me at no cost, but its so bloody far away its just not worth going down to do it. So the plan is to just get it running & then i'll drive it back so that i can do the work etc...

I must admit, one minute i get really keen with the idea, the next i just start thinking, don't spend another penny on this shed, so i keep changing my mind, damn annoying as i'm usually quite decisive when it comes to shit.

Another ballache is the V5 has come through, & my surname has been mis-spelt, FFS!!! Also interestingly, it appears to have been registered in the owners wifes name & was only done on 10/07/2013. I'm sure i read somewhere that he'd owned it for 18mths, so what happened there then??
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

At least you noticed they got your name wrong - Lana once cashed in the tax on a car to be told she wasn't the registered keeper! Turned out she hadn't noticed the mistake, and as the name on the V5 didn't match That on the V14 form she had to sort all that out and miss out on a month of tax.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

I know it's going to cost Mulley but at least you will have a good solid car when it's done, and with Kitch doing some work it'll be right, I'd much rather have your solid example than one requiring welding.It will be worth it believe me their very addictive.

Mark