Mulley's New 19TXD

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
jeremy
Over 2k
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:58 am
Location: Hampshire UK

Post by jeremy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:42 pm

Turbo power seems virtually free - well I can't tell the difference between the consumption of my TD BX Estate and ZX 1.9D. N/A BX may be a bit better as its lighter but not by much.

ZX goes quite nicely unless you want to overtake especially uphill on a motorway - so BX should be a little better. To be honest the ZX 1.9D has in many respects been the best car we've ever had and my wife still loves it after nearly 5 years (how sad!)

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:59 am

My TXD TD will go around 550-570 on a tankful. That's with the extra reserve tank, giving me 66 litres capacity.
I agree with Jeremy on the "accelerating uphill on a motorway", where the BX is easily the best car I've driven when it comes to that particular "skill"!
I find that cruising along at a nice steady 3000 rpm which equates to around 70-75 mph, gives me the best balance of economy and ease, when motorway driving.
It's also great to be able to shove some clog down occasionally from that figure, and watch how easily the speedo needle climbs!! :wink:
Enjoy! :D

User avatar
Barnsley BXer
1K Away
1K Away
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: Burgundy Banana Buggy

Post by Barnsley BXer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:20 pm

mountainmanUK wrote:
It's also great to be able to shove some clog down occasionally from that figure, and watch how easily the speedo needle climbs!! :wink:
Enjoy! :D
It's not as enjoyable watching the Fuel needle going the other way though,like yesterday,coming back from Ken's
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:27 pm

Barnsley BXer wrote:
mountainmanUK wrote:
It's also great to be able to shove some clog down occasionally from that figure, and watch how easily the speedo needle climbs!! :wink:
Enjoy! :D
It's not as enjoyable watching the Fuel needle going the other way though,like yesterday,coming back from Ken's
It's a darn sight better than watching the juice needle drop on a petrol-powered motor though, Dean! :wink:

User avatar
Barnsley BXer
1K Away
1K Away
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: Burgundy Banana Buggy

Post by Barnsley BXer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:37 pm

mountainmanUK wrote:
Barnsley BXer wrote:
mountainmanUK wrote:
It's also great to be able to shove some clog down occasionally from that figure, and watch how easily the speedo needle climbs!! :wink:
Enjoy! :D
It's not as enjoyable watching the Fuel needle going the other way though,like yesterday,coming back from Ken's
It's a darn sight better than watching the juice needle drop on a petrol-powered motor though, Dean! :wink:
Oh yeah,too true :evil: Been there in my 4x4.Drank lots of petrol when travelling over 69 MPH :wink:
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................

User avatar
MULLEY
Over 2k
Posts: 8380
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Derbyshire
x 3

Post by MULLEY » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:28 pm

Changed the oil & filter today, dodging the rain. Seems even quieter & smoother :D.

tim leech

Post by tim leech » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:06 pm

Good man
.

User avatar
MULLEY
Over 2k
Posts: 8380
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Derbyshire
x 3

Post by MULLEY » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:44 pm

I was going to have a go at the fuel filter & also re-lubricate the front struts, but the weather was naff, so will have a go at those sometime this week if weather is dryer....

User avatar
MULLEY
Over 2k
Posts: 8380
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Derbyshire
x 3

Post by MULLEY » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:02 pm

Many thanks to Ed4ferrets who kindly gave me a radio code, i now have the original Blaupunkt blasting some tunes out, move over radio 3, its radio 1 time :P

User avatar
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: Fife

Post by Calfskin » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:02 pm

I always got atleast 600 miles out of a tank from Rene, best being 620 when I went up north.

The Vectra only gives 480-500 miles per tank (its a 2.0DTi) but I suppose it does weigh several tons more than Rene did. LOL

Nice car though Mulley, I do like the TX series interiors. Rene was missing the spoiler though. :(
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
He was the best car I ever owned.

User avatar
MULLEY
Over 2k
Posts: 8380
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Derbyshire
x 3

Post by MULLEY » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:18 pm

Cheers, apparently quite rust free underneath which i guess is always a bonus...

tim leech

Post by tim leech » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:17 pm

Nice car that dude, and very tidy, howvere with some nice wheels/trims and damn good polish it will look even better :wink:

User avatar
MULLEY
Over 2k
Posts: 8380
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Derbyshire
x 3

Post by MULLEY » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:49 pm

Cant be bothered with wheel trims, i may just stick some alloys on instead, cos they're for winners :D (so i've been told...)

Didnt have time to polish, besides i dont need to, as i've got my ioniser gun thingy.

User avatar
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team
Posts: 7524
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:03 pm
Location: A Bucket of Fish
x 7

Post by docchevron » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:46 am

MULLEY wrote:Cant be bothered with wheel trims, i may just stick some alloys on instead, cos they're for winners :D (so i've been told...)
Look down mate. I speak the truth

\/ \/
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...

User avatar
MULLEY
Over 2k
Posts: 8380
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: Derbyshire
x 3

Post by MULLEY » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:23 pm

I must be a champion thrice over then....