Hello!

post here until we fix the rest of your forum
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I tend to agree, I have an affinity for all Citroens - can't explain why. Some like the GS, BX, Visa, and to a lesser degree the ZX, XM, AX and even the C6 float my boat, but I will even go as far to say that I often give a tidy Synergy, Xantia, Xsara - or if I could ever find one, LNA (!) respect when I see one... And I actually really like the C1!

I reckon there are many amongst us who, if money and space was no object, would happily stray outside the comfort zone of the BX yet still find it difficult to look beyond Citroen!

Welcome to the Forum, FCF crowd!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

elma wrote:Wouldn't say we're dissing the cars.
Just a little banter.
It's good that we all drive citroens, but obviously the cars have differences and we all have our preferences. Nothing wrong with sharing them.
Amen.
I slate Xantia's, but it's all very much tongue in cheek.

Just because I wouldn't wish to own one doesn't mean I think it's an uncapable car.
I've said on this very forum before that the Xantia is a perfectly good car, I just prefer the BX, the same way I dont mind Pizza's, but I'd rather have a cheese omlette.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Like you Phil i like most things with teh Chevrons on teh front but tend to lean towards those built between the 70-90s, just today I have bid on a CX on ebay! Its a disease you know :D
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

A cx Tim, u won the lottery or have u hit your sales target :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sorry Mulley, went out to a mates house, had too many glasses of wine and came back and my bidding finger ran amuck! Last time that happened I ended up buying your TZD :D
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

fatal that, booze & e-bay, good luck with your bidding finger :D
M

Post by M »

Xantiaman wrote:Cant understand why fellow Citroen owners are dissing each other cars,
Gareth
Gareth, its all very tongue in cheek banter with regards the Xanty vs BX debate. I have had one in the past and thought it was a good car (if a llittle technologicaly and saftey outstripped by the earlier Laguna it replaced) Certainly an excellent tow car which my Blingo Multispace cant match, and which the Laguna certainly didnt match.

I would never diss anyones car anyway (unlike certain members of the CCC I have met) - its a personal choice based on needs, money and circumstances.
elma

Post by elma »

I'm sure it's all just jealousy,
notice how the xantia gets slated the hardest?
M

Post by M »

My Xantia was so unreliable :!: I took to taking a BX with me everywhere I went..... :lol:

Only Joking Folks..... (((Runs & Hides)))

Elma - only a few years ago Andyspares was all BX BX BX, same stuff (diesel starting etc) different car... In a few years expect it to be C5....
elma

Post by elma »

Marty thats hilarious, spend some time on fcf when it's back. We could do with you and you're sense of humour.
elma

Post by elma »

Marty thats hilarious, spend some time on fcf when it's back. We could do with you and you're sense of humour.
M

Post by M »

I cant quite way up whether your being sarcastic or genuine there?!
In my defense I will say that if it wasnt for the fact I could not get 3 car seats in the back of the Xantia I would still have it today - I found it bloody annoying that the earlier plated Laguna would fit 3 kiddie seats in the back with diagonal belts.
I spent a bloody fortune on it and enjoyed driving it. It was a 90BHP chipped with a dragon programmable tuning box ( the one you put the USB pen drive in to change your driving style from super economy to super silly torque steer), genuine Cit headlamp protectors, right down to the Xantia branded golf umbrella in the boot....
I also had NO starting issues, pump issues or fans running at full chat no matter what the slider said issues with it. The only thing I would be critical about it was the anti sink electro valve kept sticking and thus the car sank like a BX at the rear when switched off. Oh I also swapped the rear spheres for TD estate ones - made a massive difference to the ride comfort.

I have a Blingo now, nice, but not quite as fun to drive - mind you I suppose if thrills driving is your thing, throwing a Bling into a roundabout can be "interesting".....
Reblack68

Post by Reblack68 »

Marty wrote:My Xantia was so unreliable :!: I took to taking a BX with me everywhere I went..... :lol:

Only Joking Folks..... (((Runs & Hides)))

Elma - only a few years ago Andyspares was all BX BX BX, same stuff (diesel starting etc) different car... In a few years expect it to be C5....
I recognise that picture! It's glued to the inside cover of my BOL. :D
Richard
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

The picture just goes to show that Xantias are useful to BX owners for something :P
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...