Confirmed BX'er

post here until we fix the rest of your forum
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Confirmed BX'er

Post by CitroXim »

So now I have reached that status I guess I'll now have to go and get a BX then?

Anyone have a nice tidy BX 16V GTi they'd like to swap for a very tidy, original, unmolested 205 GTi?

Or even an 8V GTi?
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Good valvers are almost impossible to get now..
Mine will be as near perfect as you'll ever get when it's finished, but you'd need to re-mortgage the house several times to pay for it! :lol:

Theres still some good 8V's about though.

Tell me more of this 205 of which you speak!
Leccy windows? C/L?
How much?
What colour?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
CitroXim
Sir Jim of the Databases

Post by CitroXim »

docchevron1472 wrote: Tell me more of this 205 of which you speak!
Leccy windows? C/L?
How much?
What colour?
The 205GTi in question, Doc, is a 1990 Phase 2 1.6 in Cherry Red with electric windows and central locking. It's not for sale actually at any price. I've had it four years now, bought it as a sadly neglected wreck and I've poured a lot of blood, sweat, tears and love into it. I've now done practically every job that you can on a 205 to it, including a rear beam refurb. It's become inseparably part of me :) (as is my Activa; I love my special cars that much :P )

The main thing is that it is original in every respect except the radio, just as it left the factory.

It's far from concours and wears a nice patina of 17 years of use and enjoyment, (i.e. everyday wear and tear, dents, scratches, aged paintwork) something I like to see in a classic car.

I've a large project on it waiting patiently in the wings; 3rd and 4th gear synchromesh is badly worn and double-declutching is necessary. I have a new synchro cone in stock and have practiced the job of replacing it a number of times on a scrap gearbox. Just a case of finding the time to do it.

I run my GTi unashamedly as a classic car and not as a hot hatch. In fact it has an incredibly easy life, only going out on fine, dry days and rarely going over 3500rpm. It even idles quite sweetly :lol: If you know LE-Jetronic equipped engines with lumpy cams, that is quite something!!!

Dad's 205D is also in totally original condition, even down to the radio and the original dealers sticker in the rear window.

My Activa and Xantia TD are also totally standard in every way, tidy and wearing patinas. See a common theme here?

No, a BX would have to be an addition to my fleet or perhaps a replacement for my Xantia TD, the two 205s and Activa are very much permanant fixtures...
Jim

'98 Xantia 1.9TD in Red - Gabriel the Bus...
'96 Xantia Activa in Red - My favourite toy...
'07 Pug 207 in Blue - The Deathtrap...
'15 Giant Defy Bike in Blue - Daily rider...
'16 Giant TCR Bike in Black/Lime Green - Fine weather only...
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Fair play mate.
I know what you mean, I'd sell the clothes I stand up in before my ambulance left the fold.

back to the drawing board with the 205 project then!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...