Bent seat

BX Tech talk
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Bent seat

Post by Jaba »

I have a front seat that is almost impossible to adjust the angle of the back. The control knob is just extrememly stiff to turn

On investigation the seat back seemed to be twisted. This, presumably caused by a very heavy driver continually getting into the seat in an unsympathetic manner. The BX seats are strong but they do have their limits.

I have taken the seat to bits and this is a pic of the distorted frame......

I then took the two parts of the frame apart and the distortion to the runners that allow for the seat back adjustment is very evident in these pics of the good RHS and the bent in LHS

I now plan to do what I know my BX fixing hero the Doc would do. Which is to take a large hammer to the bent metal and beat it back into shape and submission.
I dont think it will be easy to get it back into a state of being a properly aligned seat which is easy to adjust but I will have a go.

In the meantime has anyone got a drivers seat, GTi style with the two adjusting knobs surplus to requirements
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

I discovered that my LHD TZD that I keep in France has a bent seat and (when I get some time ) I will be taking a large chinese spanner (hammer) to it as well.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

That's not one of mine is it John? If so I do apologise, I haven't adjusted it for years...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Mat - no need for you to apologise.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.