suspension problems -front will not rise !!

BX Tech talk
warriorBX

suspension problems -front will not rise !!

Post by warriorBX »

hello, I'm new to this site, I own a Bx tzd hatchback, which over the years has taken more abuse than israel. anyway I changed the spheres on the back yesterday, went out 4 a drive and everything was ok. i then topped up the lhm because the stop light was flashing on and off after i changed the spheres. my father and i were going to remove and clean the hydraulic filters, but after we had topped up the lhm we found that the front wouldnt rise at all. we think the pump needs priming, so we have followed the proceedure according to the haynes book of lies and still have had no success in getting the front to rise, also the powersteering has gone. I think we have an airlock in the system ? any tips or help? :?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

You need to remove the LHM pump feed pipe from the reservoir and fill the pipe manually, then quickly re- attach it to the reservoir with the engine running.
I take it you've loosened the 12mm bolt on the pressure regulator?

Sometimes airlocks can be cleared by undoing this bolt 1 1/2 turns only, listen for the sshhhh of air passing through and then re tighten.
They think it's all over, it is now!