Location of Fog Light Relay

BX Tech talk
paul001
Confirmed BX'er

Location of Fog Light Relay

Post by paul001 »

Tonight some police officer pulled me to tell me I had no fog lights in the fog, think he was bored had a look and he was correct no fog lights problem is the fog light switch is lit and the blub is good

I checked the fuse thats fine so I would like to know which Relay is the Fog light one ? I found some under the bonnet and the row in the fuse box. I have looked in the wire diagram this just shows me the relay not its location
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

It's usually the Lamp Unit itself that degrades on earth conductivity. If you check the lamp feed with a multimeter you will undoubtedly find that you are switching 12v and it is arriving OK.

Why's plod interested in fog lights, I thought the only mandatory requirement is for dipped headlights at the front in fog? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
paul001
Confirmed BX'er

Fog light Relay

Post by paul001 »

No charge at the light socket: Charge at the fuse and no continuety at the fuse or light socket I have 4 green ones one blue one and one White one in the fuse box and of course the fuel injection ones in the engine bay then a few on the Chassis rail by the inner wing

Still trying to find which is the fog light relay before I pull all the carpets up to trace the wire Checked the wire diagram it definately points to a relay

If anyone can advise it would help at least then i know its a wire problem