Front mudflaps

BX Tech talk
Alastair
BXpert

Front mudflaps

Post by Alastair »

Anyone have a Citroen part number that I can quote to Citroen Manchester.?? Or even more laughingly one that will make sense to GSF or Euro (if either of them ever listed). I just fancy a pair on the front of my white estate.....I live in the country.....you know!
Bx turbo diesel 1989
Bx 1.9 Rd estate 1989
Citroen Light 15 1952
Bx 17 TZD diesel turbo 1992
Xantia 1.8 16v
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I'm 99% sure you won't get anything BX-specific from Germs and Swedes or Eurocarparts, though it's always worth checking their online catalogues for generic accessories.

I've got an old Andyspares catalogue lying around which I dug out for another purpose as it's got Citroen part numbers for some items.
I'll take a look in that but suggest you do make sure you're sitting down before you get a Citroen dealer to quote - though sometimes there is an exception to the rule that a single self-locking nut will cost £6+

Someone will probably have some knocking around somewhere, though the fittings rust away to buggery in no time and start to take the surrounding bodywork with them when they do. Ebay's probably the best bet for an unused pair of New-old-stock ones, IF the price is sensible. You'd probably get a set of unused fittings that way too.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I asked Citroen about getting hold of proper moulded front mud flaps a few years ago and they are no longer available. Best they could offer where some generic ones (Citroen branded but not specific to the BX), at an extremely over inflated price!

Best bet is eBay really, you can get generic ones on there, or some times OEM ones pop up. Or you could get rally spec ones from DemonTweaks or the likes
Alastair
BXpert

Post by Alastair »

Thanks for the help....there are some currently listed on ebay which are advertised/described as fitting a wide range of citroens including BX....anyone tried them as it looks they may be my only option!?
Bx turbo diesel 1989
Bx 1.9 Rd estate 1989
Citroen Light 15 1952
Bx 17 TZD diesel turbo 1992
Xantia 1.8 16v