Driveshaft Retaining Bolts

BX Tech talk
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

They were also buying a fair number of cheap-but-perfectly roadworthy ones and breaking them too.

Grr

Quite so. I recall seeing ones like that on eBay (these being the times when bidder identities were mostly clear and plain to see).

In those cases, whatever the sentiment, what can be done if no-one else cares to buy or take on? Personal circumstances play a big part in the purchase, upkeep and continued viability of a CX, and I'm sure you'd agree that taking one on is not a trivial thing.

I'm not sure that even a lottery-winner's buy-up wouldn't end up like the Dutch government's artworks purchase scheme of yesteryear in a grand sell-off and dispersion. Wasn't there the case of a little while back of the serial vintage-metal-collecter who died leaving a substantial collection (including the proverbial barn-full) in a state ranging from "sore-neglected-but-savable" to "a tree grows through it"...
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Changing the subject. I've nearly finished putting it back together now but the part below has me baffled. I took it off from around the drivers side headlamp around the front panel/near the rad but i cant remember where it fits, any ideas??

Its got 2 spade terminals with wires going to a plug and a tube going to nothing on the front and then round the back its got a strange thin plate with a spring.

Over and out from me