Low LHM/pressure light from low setting

BX Tech talk
Boxwolf
BXpert

Low LHM/pressure light from low setting

Post by Boxwolf »

The low LHM (!) light on my dashboard seems to come on if I put the suspension on low and then move the height lever to normal or full. It goes out once the car has started to rise. I checked the LHM level on high and its right at the top red line and the hydraulic pump only ticks every 40 seconds (accumulator is brand new). Is the light coming on in this situation normal or should I be worried?

I have noticed it do this once before, but after having the return pipes off to try (and fail) to lubricate the front struts I put the car up and down a few times and noticed it every time I put the car on low then moved the lever up.
1992 BX TXD Turbo
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Not unusual in those circumstances - if only for a short time. Wouldn't worry.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

Ah, thanks for the reassurance I thought that might be the case but best to be safe just in case. I'll now go back to worrying about the front struts or the dashboard bulbs ;)
1992 BX TXD Turbo
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Entirely normal.
My TD doesn't though, the light doesn't work, and hasn't since I 've had the car!
No worries there!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...