ZX same 1.9td as BX???

BX Tech talk
nuts250

ZX same 1.9td as BX???

Post by nuts250 »

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I have had my 94 td aura ZX since 98 and I am inquistive to know if it has the same 1.9TD engine as a BX. My curiosity has been raised following reading the posts on veggie oil use. Do i have the right pump as Bosch seems to be the required one?

Many thanks

Mark
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Yes the bosch pump is the one that will withstand veggie oil, as far as the engines the ZX had a 1.9 TD unit which is externally identical to the BX 1.7 TD units apart from detail differences.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Hi Mark and welcome.

As far as we know the BXs weren't fitted with the 1.9TD only the 1.7TD however someone will probably prove me wrong.

This shouldn't make any differance to your intention to run on veggie oil.

I'm know Stewart (oily) has a 1.9TD retro fitted in his, and it seems to run quite happily.
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hello and welcome from me too! My 1.9 n/a diesel (with a Bosch pump) runs happily on vegetable oil if that helps.
Vauxhall apologist.
nuts250

ZX same 1.9td as BX???

Post by nuts250 »

Many thanks for your responses.
I think I shall try 20% veggie oil and see how i go.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

It has to be recommended that you register with customs and excise to do this. If you don't, and are caught, you'll loose the car, and face a hefty fine.

It also tarnishes the image of what is an up-and-coming industry

www.bio-power.co.uk
this might be a signature
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

There where no factory fitted 1.9td BX's, they kept the engine for the Xantia (give it another selling point). The stranger thing is that the engine was launched in the Xantia on a K plate so i presume they had it ready before then and so there shouldn't have been any reason not to put it in the BX, big bullies!

Though it seems to be a common conversion these days :D
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

PSA are known for keeping engines specifically for one model. Even though the 1.9D oval port engine with 71BHP was available from 1988 onwards, the 309 stuck with the older 65BHP square-port engine until 1993.

Same with the Turbo-diesel engine in both the 205 and 309, they stuck with the non-intercooled td engine until phase-out in 1993/4, despite the intercooled engine being available, and would fit.
this might be a signature