Bosch XUD injector socket

BX Tech talk
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Bosch XUD injector socket

Post by jonathan_dyane »

My Xantia is about to go on it's final journey, however first I shall be retrieving the Bosch IP and injectors. I haven't got an injector socket, and am unsure as to what size I need, and haven't any callipers to measure; I wonder if someone who has been there already could let me know what size I require?
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

It’s 27mm. You can get a special socket I believe, to clear the leak off pipes, but I have always used a normal open ended spanner.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

(Thinks: 27mm? Sure that's the same size as the spanner for the regulator on a gas bottle. Sure I've got one of them kicking around somewhere...)

Cheers for that Mat.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

If memory serves, a standard 27mm deep socket will fit, as the leak off pipe fittings are within the 27mm AF of the socket..

If you're binning your Xantia, it might well be worth having the alternator, starter motor and various other high-value easily-stored components too. (although, that said, I've no doubt you've probably already done so)
this might be a signature
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

DavidRutherford wrote:If memory serves, a standard 27mm deep socket will fit, as the leak off pipe fittings are within the 27mm AF of the socket..

If you're binning your Xantia, it might well be worth having the alternator, starter motor and various other high-value easily-stored components too. (although, that said, I've no doubt you've probably already done so)
Nice one.

I will be stripping whatever will be useful off the Xantia, but not the alt, as it is pretty erratic. Do you still have an interest in the wheels?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

jonathan_dyane wrote:wheels
Are these my old ones? They'll be well travelled if you have them David! (Sheffield to North Wales to Liverpool to Dorset...)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
c90cassette
Confirmed BX'er

hi jonathan

Post by c90cassette »

hi jonathan what happened to your xantia???
hi i am rob in liverpool 1989 bx 17 dtr turbo
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

mat_fenwick wrote:
jonathan_dyane wrote:wheels
Are these my old ones? They'll be well travelled if you have them David! (Sheffield to North Wales to Liverpool to Dorset...)
They are the very same! Alas, I didn't manage to put quite as many miles under them as I'd hoped...
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Re: hi jonathan

Post by jonathan_dyane »

c90cassette wrote:hi jonathan what happened to your xantia???
Hey Rob, how's it going?

The clutch went on the Xantia alas, and it isn't worth repairing really; I'd rather put the energies into sorting my BX (which will inherit the Xantia's Bosch pump...)
c90cassette
Confirmed BX'er

hi jonathan

Post by c90cassette »

hi jonathan im ok thanks sorry to hear that!have you found a socket yet?i meant to have a look today but only just remembered sorry.see you bye rob.
hi i am rob in liverpool 1989 bx 17 dtr turbo
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Thanks Rob, I am hoping to improvise, but will give you a shout if I get stuck.

Cheers,