urgent help LHM LEAK

BX Tech talk
chriscarterstevens
BXpert

urgent help LHM LEAK

Post by chriscarterstevens »

hi all,

the tge has been leaking lhm, i found a pipe to the reservoir split this morning so fixed that. topped up and put the car in high mode and did citrobics 8) when it returned to normal, lhm started pissing out from just behind the osf wheel. took wheel off, and the offending pipe is rubber but goes into a thin metal brake line type pipe. it is just above the thick chassis where it meets the front suspension wishbone and strut.

i have no car, and only a jack and a few spanners, no pit or axle stands, and am nervous as to what the problem is. frankly i am worried it might be a scrapper. i am going to have to buy another car, anyone who wants it can come and collect it. feedback appreciated :roll:
Cartman

1985 BX 19 GT
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

As per the post on the best non BX, BX forum mate.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
pitman
BXpert

Re: urgent help LHM LEAK

Post by pitman »

chriscarterstevens wrote: and the offending pipe is rubber but goes into a thin metal brake line type pipe.
If this metal brake pipe goes to the rear of the car it could be the rubber hose to the rear height corrector.

In this case, it would leak mainly when changing the height manually.
Otherwise, in normal everyday use you would loose about 1 litre LHM for 300 miles when living on flat land and that way stressing the height correctors not too much.

Fixing would be best only repairing the rubber hose as this spare part (£ 62 at Citroen) comes with two other rubber hoses and the hose to front corrector is quite difficult to replace.
BX Leader 19 Diesel - 1986