PAS / non-PAS regulators

BX Tech talk
maxgreenwood
BXpert

PAS / non-PAS regulators

Post by maxgreenwood »

could i just confirm so i can rule it out as an option..
could someone tell me for sure?
will the non-PAS regulator not fit PAS cars?

i've just stripped my 17TGD today, of calipers, struts, pump and regulator amongst other things. Alas she is being taken away tomorrow for scrap. I've got all the good bits tho - god knows where i'm going to keep it all.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Debelix
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Debelix »

The PAS Pressure Regulator has one additional inlet hole for the PAS control and flow, so the short answer is - no, a non-PAS PR would not fit into a PAS equipped car.
Driving a 1989 Citroen BX 19TRD
Before that - Frankenstein in the form of 1992 Lada Samara 1500S
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Debelix wrote:The PAS Pressure Regulator has one additional inlet hole for the PAS control and flow, so the short answer is - no, a non-PAS PR would not fit into a PAS equipped car.
Agreed. And just for information, the extra hole is an outlet - it's the return pipe and it feeds the FDV valve.

-are you still having the same problem with yours debelix? I recall you said that it was hissing all the time. I had some success by fitting a new pump and a bit more by making the pump drive belt tighter but it is still taking a long tome to cut out on the regulator.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Debelix
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Debelix »

Yep, I did indeed fix my problem with the continous hissing. After changing PR with a known good one the hissing stoped and the interval between ticking became much more acceptable. After extracting the old PR I've discovered that in some point in the past he was quite knocked by something, maybe stone or parking spike of some sort. Anyway, it was partially crushed so this could be the reason for its problems, or it just could be old enough...

By the way I didn't knew that this hole was an outlet; one learns something new every day :lol:
Driving a 1989 Citroen BX 19TRD
Before that - Frankenstein in the form of 1992 Lada Samara 1500S
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Hi thanks guys,
my tick time is quite rapid at 4-8 secs so I'm looking 1st at trying the other acc sphere, then reseating the ball bearing as has been discussed on the forum before in the non-return valve as i think thats where most of the leakage is.
Would either of you know if its possible to replace just the non-return valve bit of the regulator?
After that i'll swap the pump and see what different that makes.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon