JAMMED KNOBS!

BX Tech talk
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Whilst cables and linkages may be the problem in some instances, I have found sludge in the tap prevents it closing. The tap is a bit like sluice gate or guilotine moving up or down in slots, when the slot gets gunged up the valve won't move :? Can probably post pics if any interest!
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Might well be as I can't get mine to budge further that its limited movement!

Ian
meep
Confirmed BX'er

Post by meep »

Ok, since I bought my BX ('91 TZD), the hot/cold knob has been broken off (sheared spindle).

Having read this column, I've been trying to work out which bit of the heater valve to push, so at least I'm getting heat!

I've found the valve, but it's hard to see what to push, and all I've got so far is a load of scratches on my hand!

Any pics or tips please?

(Yes, I know it may be stuck anyway, I just want to see if I can get some heat quickly without dismantling things...)
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

You should be able to find the stub of the cable still attached to the operating lever on the water valve. You need to get it fully open as unusually for a water valve its actually quite progressive!

A mirror may help and save your head when trying to see whats going on up there besides the clutch pedal.

jeremy