Red STOP light on the instrument panel

BX Tech talk
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Octupus Pipe a common problem and one you will find plenty of information on how to do on this forum. 8)

If you do it yourself it will be the most fun you have ever had with your clothes on :lol: :roll: plenty of fiddling and the cheapest option.

The labour Charge that a garage would do it for will be the crucnch! If you can get someone who has done one before then excellant.

Yes I have done one myself and to be honest as long as you remove carefuly and take note for reassembly marking the ends and follwing the guides available on this website it will be easy ish. Can prove challenging and you may need to use a bit of initiative.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
Peugeot/Citroen Mutant

Post by Peugeot/Citroen Mutant »

Thanks very much for the advice guys. i guess i will have to steam clean underneath the car and have another attempt at pin-pointing the leak.

i will look for the octopuss ha ha i guess it looks like an octopuss?

i am guessing it is unsafe to drive the car in this condition?

i have not since this leak has appeared.

thanks again. Steve

i think im going to have to give citroen 7 a ring at the weekend and see if i can persuade him to get a run up and have a look.
1989 World Record Title

for the worlds most economical production car

goes to the AX 1.4d with over 100 mpg.

it drove from dover to barcelona on one tank. (45 litres)
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Peugeot/Citroen Mutant wrote: will look for the octopus ha ha i guess it looks like an octopus?
Read thro' THIS it may give you an idea of what your looking for :!:
Peugeot/Citroen Mutant

Thanks a lot RxBX.
1989 World Record Title

DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Peugeot/Citroen Mutant wrote:i will look for the octopuss ha ha i guess it looks like an octopuss?
Only if said Octopus has been to Selafield and had issues with a Thalidomide birth.

It has 9 legs, and some are a lot shorter than others!
this might be a signature
Peugeot/Citroen Mutant

That would be one strange Octopuss ha ha

I still havent had a chance to work on the car this week due to work commitments but i will report back with my findings asap.

cheers guys
1989 World Record Title

jthomsit

catastrophic hydrolics faliure-no brakes, low & no PAS

Post by jthomsit »

Hi all,

A plea to the infinite wisdom of the members here... I've been reading posts for a couple of days now and am fairly sure the response is going to be to first try - drain, flush and refill but before I embark on this I thought to seek a second opinion as I've never worked on hydropneumatic suspension before.

My Car
I've had my BX for a year, done very few miles but never the less my regular drive. No major problems (more later) with the hyrodlics ever and handling was great. It's a 16v gti 1990.

Potential Warning
I confess I've been stupid! When I was driving too enthusiastically, occassionally the STOP light would biefly light (along with the hydrolic light) but would go off almost instantainiously. I just assumed it was sloshing around and getting low... I never checked the level. No funny noises. The PAS would go hard every nown and again but again it was intermittant and never caused me problems (the STOP light did not light when the steering went heavy)

The Trigger
So... I, showing off to a friend, but the car on it's maximum height, no problems... Then put it on it's lowest height. I hadn't noticed because I had been out of the car but the STOP light and hydrolic light lit.

The Symptom
It now won't go back up to the normal setting, there's no PAS and no brakes. There's no clicking. I've tried moving the lever. There is green fluid in the resevoir but can't get a proper reading as it's on lowest setting (the indicator is above max). On the clear pipe from the front into the reservoir, I noticed a yellowish (they're yellow pipes) liquid very slowly moving up (as there was an air bubble at about 5mm per sec) . I didn't notice it clicking at all.

Oh nutz, it was such a fun car....

I've read lots about the front getting stuck or the back, but haven't seen any posts of catastophic failures (probably searching for the wrong term or expression).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
jthomsit

Post by jthomsit »

Woooops!

Sorry guy's ignore that, I'll start a new topic.

Thanks