Petrol pressure regulator - 1.9 8v Gti

BX Tech talk
DS Andy

Petrol pressure regulator - 1.9 8v Gti

Post by DS Andy »

Hi

Has anyone got a spare petrol regulator for an 8v Gti (E-reg). I have recently changed the injectors, and adjusted the air flow, but still get a slightly lumpy running under low revs and deceleration.

One thought was to try a different fuel pressure regulator (the diaphragm on the fuel rail) to see if that helped. GSF had no part listed, so if anyone has a spare that I could buy, let me know.

Also any tips on adjusting the running/fine tuning would be good. It's a relatively tidy car, and it'd be nice to get it running better. I don't want to get rid of it - yet!! If I get the engine running smoothly, I might feel inclined to tackle the creaky n/s front strut!

Thanks

Andy
Citroen D Super 5 LHD 1974
Citroen AZU 250 1974 - ex Belgian PO 4-seater van
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Were these new injectors or did you have them ultrasonically cleaned, serviced and tested before you fitted them if they were second hand?

More likely that its injectors with poor spray patterns, duty cycle problems if you didn't. :(
1991 BX19GTi Auto
DS Andy

Injectors

Post by DS Andy »

Thanks Way2Go. I did get the injectors cleaned, and the one that was shot was replaced.

I guess I'll live with the judders, and try and adjust it to run as smooth as I can get.
Citroen D Super 5 LHD 1974
Citroen AZU 250 1974 - ex Belgian PO 4-seater van
scrappydoo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scrappydoo »

I now own DS Andy's GTI and have just changed the Distributor as kindly sold for a very reasonable price from Malcolm. At speed now there's no fluctuation in running and runs well, it's still lumpy at idle until upto temperature though and it still "misses" a little at various times while running though.

I've got a brand new set of NGK spark plugs that I had for a Saab that after looking on the web should fit. I'm also on the look out for a new set of HT leads so at least then I can rule all these things out.
scrappydoo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scrappydoo »

Does anyone know the plug gap for an '87 Jetronic 8v?
scrappydoo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scrappydoo »

Fitted plugs today and kept the gap as manufactured at 0.80. Now runs better but still missing a little and a little hesitant. Next step will be new HT leads. :wink:
scrappydoo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scrappydoo »

New HT leads also fitted but still missing/hesitant at times. Next weeks I'm going to take a look at the cold start valve and vacuum pipes as helpfully mentioned by Malcolm.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Is it possible to adjust the idle mixure on that motor? Perhaps it is too weak/lean.
Probably too weak, as the MOT test likes weak mixtures.

Also, check the little throttle open switch still works OK.

The other thing is air leaks on any pipes under vacuum.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
scrappydoo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scrappydoo »

Thanks for replying Mike, will be replacing the vacuum hoses this week. What am I looking for with thw throttle open switch?