BUMPER TRIM

BX Tech talk
tim leech

BUMPER TRIM

Post by tim leech »

Are the black/silver bumper trim inserts still available and does anyone know how much they are?. I could ask my citroen dealer but as the guy in parts is about 12 and had never :( heard of a BX!! when I rang in it didnt instill me with much confidence.

To be fair my dealings with citroen dealers when buying cars (new ax and saxo) and delaing with them in whilst in the "trade" hasnt been impressive. To be brutal they were poor! :shock:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

They where available last time i asked for my 16v, the 16v has totally different inserts (rubber and thin) and the gal at the parts desk went and ordered the metal ones which your after, was probably over a year ago now, but i guess there is a good chance they can still be bought!

If you have the black ones with the plastic over the metal you could of course take the plastic off and spray them! I did this on the ole 19rd and sprayed the trim body coloured! proper bling!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Re: BUMPER TRIM

Post by mnde »

tim leech wrote:Are the black/silver bumper trim inserts still available and does anyone know how much they are?. I could ask my citroen dealer but as the guy in parts is about 12 and had never :( heard of a BX!! when I rang in it didnt instill me with much confidence.

To be fair my dealings with citroen dealers when buying cars (new ax and saxo) and delaing with them in whilst in the "trade" hasnt been impressive. To be brutal they were poor! :shock:
I'm sure fleabay had some in the last few weeks. Look up seller stjamesoldboys. He had lots of BX trim items.

Mark.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Malcolm Lockwood had some during the summer, as I bought some from him.

They now adorn the front of BarnsleyBXers car. :?
They think it's all over, it is now!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks guys! Do u know the link for St James's?
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

On ebay home page, scroll down and click on "Community Hub" on left, then type "stjamesoldboys" in the Find User ID box, you can then view anything he has for sale. Or it could be worth a quick email as he's definitely had this kind of stuff before.

Mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sorted, found him, he only has a used boiler suit for sale tho! :roll: Will keep a eye out, or be brave and ring the main delaer and try and explain what a "BX" is too them!
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I started by doing a rebuild on a cheapy BX Estate that has now turned into my offspring suddenly acknowledging that the old boy isn't all 'iss and wind and can actually repaint and restore used and abused cars, so as a result the line is getting longer all waiting for repaints, dents to be knocked and rust to be removed, but in the process of doing a Mitsubishi, I have discovered they also use a similar type of stuff in their bumpers and enquiries in the trade have revealed it's not as rare a commodity as we might think.
Just go looking for any (usually) small one man operation who has things like "Stripes and Graphics" or "Pinstriping" or similar in his type of work description and you'll find they have it in bloody great rolls. Just measure and advise and they'll chop it off in a length and at a lot less than the dealers will charge.
The stuff for the Lancer is about 4mm wide by around 3mm deep and is apparently quite common and not expensive.
I'll be getting a few metres next week to sort this Jappo out. Basically anyone who deals in dressing up "rice boxes" or "Chavs" cars should be able to supply.

Alan S :wink:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I mean the metal trim in the bumper matey thats clips on.