BX LMH hydraulic fluid reservoir cap, pipe placement?

BX Tech talk
kevlights
Confirmed BX'er

BX LMH hydraulic fluid reservoir cap, pipe placement?

Post by kevlights »

having just cleaned the filters in the reservoir and replaced the tank backin the car,find I have dislodged the plastic/rubber hose that is attached to the top of the ( bx LMH hydraulic fluid reservoir cap) the cap where you fill the lmh tank .
For the life of me, I cannot see where it goes, is there a clear line drawing, or photo or clear discription of where this pipe goes? thanks regards Kev
sold the BX to buy ZX disaster! sold to get Fiat Croma nice car but gutless,sold to get Peugeot 505;sold that 505 to purchase another BX ,at least I know about them! 1989 BX 19GTi AutoPetrol
just a little bit insane and slightly Euro potty
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

I thought it was just a push on rubber pipe that goes into the wing. It's a vent I think
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: BX LMH hydraulic fluid reservoir cap, pipe placement?

Post by RxBX »

kevlights wrote: For the life of me, I cannot see where it goes, is there a clear line drawing, or photo or clear description of where this pipe goes? thanks regards Kev
Hi Kev, I tend to agree with Aerodynamica it sounds just like the vent pipe that goes into the inner wing.
But try this LINKout to a Pdf file, it may be of help !
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Just had a look at the pipe on Cyril and on that car at least (1.6 with PAS) the vent pipe comes out the top of the cap and goes down under the LHM tank and ends under the support for the tank - I am not sure if the pipe has an open end or if there's some sort of filter but that's where it goes!
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

there are two white nylon pipes out of the splitter from the y-piece, a short one goes from the cap to the inner wing and is a vent. The second line (which is rather long) is a low pressure return from the PAS and the safety valve (there is a y-piece in line).
kevlights
Confirmed BX'er

thank you all for your prompt and kind replys

Post by kevlights »

a simple thing like that had me freaked ,but with the info from the forum,the little green car is now back in my good books,even thinking of keeping it! thanks again, regards Kev.
sold the BX to buy ZX disaster! sold to get Fiat Croma nice car but gutless,sold to get Peugeot 505;sold that 505 to purchase another BX ,at least I know about them! 1989 BX 19GTi AutoPetrol
just a little bit insane and slightly Euro potty