Fluid leak

BX Tech talk
Discoil
BXpert

Fluid leak

Post by Discoil »

Had to be recovered on Sunday when a pipe decided to leak. :cry:

Looks like from the front height corrector to a multi junction underneath the left hand side of the steering rack.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I am having to take off the lh suspension arm at the one end and remove the rh drive shaft ( the long one ) to get at the ht corrector.

Doing on a concrete floor under the stars :roll:
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Front height corrector? depending on the model of BX you can get at it from directly below - the 2 pipes on the off side from the corrector are awkward but should be reachable from around the arm spindle with patience. I tend to remove the easier of the two and loosen the last pipe, remove the very easy pipe on the nearside of the corrector and remove the corrector linkage from the anti roll bar to then remove the 2 bolts holding the corrector on - all that remains is to hold the last loosened pipe and unwind the corrector from it.

With the unit out you get better access to the pipes that might need replaced (rubber pipe junction?) if it's the rubber pipe junction it's known as the 'octopus' and can still be got from Citroën I think.
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Discoil
BXpert

Post by Discoil »

Thanks for that.

I could just reach the height corrector pipe but when I used a snap on pipe spanner it started to slip on the nut.

So I took out the shaft complete and then used a 6 sided ratcheting spanner to undo it.

I'm off for a made up one when the wife returns with my motor.

I used to mend these for a living using various ramps about 10 years ago and its a bit of a shock to the system to do this type of motor ' on the floor '.
I've only 'one customer' now . a BX 19 rd estate in white. 8)
Discoil
BXpert

Post by Discoil »

Update :-

Managed to put the pipe on , rebuild both suspension arms , refit driveshaft , g/box oil in.

Added 1 litre of LHM and the back end went up but not the front end :(

Been out in the rain,hands filthy,and tired and put the tools away.

This morning went and got 2 litres of LHM and put the majority of it in, and :D everything rose, power steering and brakes.

Now drove it onto car ramps so I could get underneath to clip in the piping and move it away from other pipes etc.

VERY happy man now. Until the next job has to be done :)
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Good work! I know the joys of flat on the ground - no light - dust in the eyes work too! 7 months ago I had access to a garage with a pit - you don't know what you've got till it's gone!
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'