Technical info

BX Tech talk
Charlotte
BXpert

Technical info

Post by Charlotte »

Um, you probably already all have access through someone, at least, but just so you all know I'm quite happy to access the Citroen online database for any of you (you have to be a trader to get anything more than glovebox manuals), to get schematics, part numbers and all the really nerdy trim info and codes...

Also Autodata!

So admin at medwaycitroen dot com if this could help any of you.
Bride of Stinkwheel
http://weaselsemark.carbonmade.com

Citroen BX St Tropez
Still not over H592 AGW "Hugo" TZD Turbo
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

citroen grrr prnet (service.citroen) grr used to work perfectly well, i had official permission to use it, then one day, no more access. Though register as being in Malta and you get a good week long access, wrong prices though!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Oooh, don't suppose you could confirm whether part no. 95595682 is (as I think) the pipe from the union to the nearside rear strut please? I've got to change the rear strut on mine and I have yet to do one and re-use the old pipe!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I have the exact same job on my BX too, scheduled for this weekend.

I also expect to have to replace both the pipes that fit onto the rear struts as I doubt they will come off complete.

parts No for both sides appreciated.

thanx

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Mat,

For whatever reason, I am still able to access Citroen Service (made up business name and address, real VAT number off a reciept I had lying around) and can confirm that is the correct part number.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i to can still access service citroeni do run my own repair shop but not VAT registerd, and did not enter any VAT reg No.'s,

i find when checking parts/price's when you select the opption to get a price, the firt screen comes up with a new registration form insted of the price box/page,

then if you ignor this and click bascket again the price comes up,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Thanks Jonathan, there are a few for sale on ebay here but I thought I'd better check first!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
cauchoiskev
BXpert

Post by cauchoiskev »

Mike E (uk) wrote: parts No for both sides appreciated.

thanx

Mike
For the other side, it's 95595684.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

In my BX parts pile I've got what looks like an 8v GTi corrugated rubber air tube with two metal inserts. A sticky label on one of the metal inserts appears to show the part number 96631794.

Someone has suggested it may not be the standard GTi part - can anyone confirm what it is, from the part number or otherwise, please?

Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I don't recognise the p/no but what it looks like is the Mk1 GTi flowmeter intake. Also the TZi and 16v (I think) are similar, they have the Motronic 1.3 system.
It is deffo not for the later GTi with the Motronic 3.1.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Mike, sorry I did not spot your request earlier, or I'd have got the number for the other side too...

DLM, I don't know how to make citroenservice search for a part number, but can confirm that the number does not match 8 valve 1.9 injection...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Sounds like I should have taken a peek under the bonnet of the E-reg Gti at Stratford... many thanks for the replies. Somebody did suggest it was for a 4x4 GTi as apparently there's a different setup on these. I may ask the local mechanic who's done a lot of work on a GTi 4x4 for one of his customers.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Charlotte - thanks for your kind offer. Email on its way for some database info help............

Thanks in advance.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i had problems loging onto my pug service box acount, it said my login details were wrong,

so i tried the forgot my details and got an email with new login codes, they did not work so i sent an email to the technical support desk, who it turns out are in Germany but after a coouple of emails to and frow they sent a request to pug coventry/UK who contacted me,

very helpfull,freindly and sorted my login out,

i dont now about service citroen but with the pug service box site you can also register as a jo public, even though im registerd as trade the same as my service citroen acount,

so Vanny it might be worth you contacting the tecnical assistance team,

they are one and the same as the pug lot in Coventry

pinley house 2
sunbeam way
coventry
CV3 1ND

EMAIL
technical_assistance_cov@mpsa.com

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Forget aout calling, i'll just drop in next time at Whitley, they are on the way back :D

Thanks for the info though, might be useful, i was going to go make friends at the new local dealer (after Caledonia Chester shut i've had to drive some serious distance to get parts)