ABS sensor

BX Tech talk
douglas851
Confirmed BX'er

ABS sensor

Post by douglas851 »

Help!!

Where can I get a rear ABS sensor that does not cost £200? :shock:

Are there later Citroens that use the same part?

Thanks, Douglas
mechuccio

Post by mechuccio »

Hey Douglas,

as it so happened, I just scrapped a 16V.... offcourse with full ABS system.
If you could PM me your adress I'll try to sort out what the shipping costs would be to get one over to you.
Technically they belong to a mate of me but since I'm doing most of the work on his car we decided all parts ar our parts :lol:

Won't be expensive though!

One question though... have you cleaned the sensor? The ABS senors on my 16V tend to get dirty every now and then but after some cleaning with brake-cleaner they allways work nicely again. Offcourse when the sensors are busted they're busted!
You can't spell slaughter without laughter
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

The only time I've come across a rear ABS sensor failure was last year, when I checked it out, it was the co-ax cable that had perished away under one of the rubber grommets where the cable runs along the arm itself.

It was only the outer screen part of the cable, so I bound it with some very thin wire to cover the deterioration and then taped it up nice and tight. This was about 9pm as the car was in for MOT the following morning.

You'd need a multimeter and needle to stick through the insulation to test it and find where the break is. It could of course be the sensor head itself, but they don't often fail.

Hope this makes sense.
douglas851
Confirmed BX'er

Post by douglas851 »

We (myself and Citronut) have checked and it definitely is not the wiring, unfortunately.

mechuccio, have you got the sensor out without damage? They are usually stuck in and cannot be removed.