ZX help please everyone

BX Tech talk
ozymail

ZX help please everyone

Post by ozymail »

Hi all, it's been ages since I was on this site and since then I had to get rid of my poor old BX. But I have got the trusty ZX still. That's why I'm back. The little thing has run very well and is a trusted member of the family :-) but of late there have been some worrying signs. I have had a very strange handling issue where it feels like the rear end has decided to wander and in doing so has thrown the car off course. It's quirky at lower speeds but it did it to me coming off the motorway at 50mph and I was lucky not to end up in a ditch. I know it's not the front end because it's as solid as a rock with no wander or drift even under braking. I thought it might be the passive steering?? Anybody got any suggestions?
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

hi ozymail and welcome

it could be your rear sub frame bush's have become unbonded, there are 4 one on each cornner of the sub frame,the rear rear one's are very easy to change, and the front rear one's are not much harder,

GSF used to sell them

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
ozymail

Post by ozymail »

thanks I'll look it up and see exactly what and where they are. Boy it really has a horrible affect on the handling though :shock: