CV BOOT STRETCHER

BX Tech talk
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well it is technically the pavment, but then the road is double yellowed so wouldnt risk parking there, and I have to park somewhere whilst I lock the gate, the roof top car park was closed as was every shop etc etc! Ive had an email back saying they are looking into it further. Heres hoping.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

Parking on the pavement is illegal only in London and (bizarrely) Exeter. Although local authorities can make specific bye laws covering specific streets if they so wish.

However it is ALWAYS illegal to park anywhere with double yellow lines, any time of the day or night, and on any part of the highway (which goes up to the building line at the back of the pavement). So unfortunately I doubt, legally, you have a leg to stand on.

The reason I know all this.. happen to work for an organisation rather interested in the subject. :)
1991 Citroen BX 16v
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

RobC wrote:However it is ALWAYS illegal to park anywhere with double yellow lines, any time of the day or night, and on any part of the highway (which goes up to the building line at the back of the pavement).
I wish they'd apply the law in Clevedon, North Somerset.

It's an utter arse driving a bus anywhere in Clevedon since EVERYONE parks illegally, all the time.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...