Oily Smell

BX Tech talk
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

kiwi wrote:
docchevron wrote:Certainly wsn't me, I've been in work all arvo, and just got home.

So thats two odd forum things happening in two days....

Think we need to some investigation here if someone has access to the moderator table that we dont know about, I rather think we should.
Given your post in the other section and the fact that this has happened as well to Ken in another post. I am liable to give the benefit of the doubt.

However some people on here are like dogs with a bone.

Therfore I will be removing any post relating to this Shadow Troll Moderation incident within the next 24 hours myself. Maybe others should consider that also?

Somehow I doubt Roverman or anyone searching will find this thread useful now wading through the bickering again.

Bob, When your posts get altered by someone other than yourself especially someone who has got unofficial access to the moderation board you end up losing confidence in providing help to others or reluctant to post. No loss you might say but consider how many people read theses boards and never contribute.

note:- I am copying this post just to make sure troll mod who ever they are does not alter it further.
Kiwi, I am at a loss as to what would be gained from deleting or altering posts, other than creating intrigue where there (in my opinion) was previously none to be found. My quote above (Yea you are the dipstick) together with oblique reference to that bizarre TV show 'Sorry' (that one with Ronnie Corbett) was my attempt to inject some humour into the proceedings, as on first reading it read as if you had called Kitch a dipstick, however as Mulley later observed, it seemed as if you had simply omitted a comma with which it could read as 'Yea you are, the dipstick is at the back of the block ' in reply to your quote by Kitch that ends 'Am I missing something'.

Why am I bothering to write this? I guess it grates that you moan of bickering (which seems to have emanated exclusively from *you*) and call the moderating team 'pricks'. It is possible that someone still has admin status from years back, and logged in to subvert meaning and piss you off, but I feel it is rather more likely that you missed out a comma and then, looking back were unable to see this through the red mist and unleashed wild and unwarranted accusations.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I'd be pretty pissed if someone went buggering about with anything I'd written, it harks back to the dim days of Steve and David, and I certainly dont want a return to that, and I'm reasonably confident no-one else does either.

All I can say is that I have not banned, edited or in any way done any actual moderation on here whatsoever, as thus far none has been required.

I'll accept being called a prick, I've been called worse!

If someone we dont know about has mod / admin access though, then that needs sorting.

Equally, I'll take this oppertunity to again say that if anyone is not happy with me as a mod then feel free to make it known.
I'm not a dictator, didn't really want the job and if the majority would rather I wasn't here then I'm not going to get all stasi like and ignore you, I'll gladly hang the coat up.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hoping to keep my nose clear of brown stuff, I would just like to say I think the Forum's a better place with you and Matt modding, Doc.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v