TZD cutting out

BX Tech talk
rob-81
BXpert

TZD cutting out

Post by rob-81 »

I wonder if anybody can help me....

My new TZD has developed a new "quirk". Over the last week, on five or six ocassions, it was cut out without warning. It's happened when hot, when cold, when under power and when slowing on approaching a junction. It always restarts immediately and runs perfectly. As I said before, it gives no warning and is like someone has simply turned off the key. I have a Lucas pump and have poked at the stop solenoid while running and have been unable to make it misbehave.

Bearing in mind my other starting problem (intermitent failure to start, all ancillaries work but starter won't spin, starter works fine when fed directly), is it likely that I have problem with my ignition switch?

Thanks,
Rob[/img]
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'd be checking to stop soleniod and or the wiring to it. :?
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

Cheers Ken. I'll go and have a poke about now (I need something to take my mind off the driving lesson I've just given my wife in my TGD estate. Her car has broken down and I had thought she could take the estate to work tomorrow. After the drive we've just had, no way. How the gearbox/clutch survived, I'll never know).

Thanks,
Rob.
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch