BX Tech talk
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

help with a leaky it please :)

Post by sarahjaneking »

now i have no idea how to post pictures so i'll descrie it as well as possible :roll:

I had my actuator sphere changed about a month ago and then two weeks ago lhm started flowing out the front - just to the right of the actuator where a thin metal pipe goes in - thing is i don't think it is the pipe that is leaking - is it most likely the join, a failure in the part it joins to or a sphere failure - even full of lhm sphere is no longing "ticking".

I have a spare assembly including sphere and pipe so that may possibly help me out but how would i check that the sphere is good and i have no idea how to depressurise the system.

I'd love to sort this asap as my bx is a cracking little car which I love to bits
8)
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

A resource you need here

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11524

To depresurise there is a pressur release screw on the regulator to the front from memory either 12 or 13 mm open ende spanner fits. Release it by no more than 1.5 turns. Also place into the low position.

Sorry cant find a photo at present but it should be obvious where the screw is? I think.
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

Post by sarahjaneking »

That does look very useful thankyou \:D/

now do i carry on cleaning the house or start serious car investigation
:lol: :lol: :lol:

car i think ;)
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)