BX 19 GTZD 4X4

BX Tech talk
djm666
BXpert

BX 19 GTZD 4X4

Post by djm666 »

involves a 1.9 diesel zx engine a 4wd bx and some spanner action to get my old tzd up to spec for some trail rides through the outback.lol.
have imported my old 4x4 from the uk now for the big swap fest to get it on the road.lol.
heard that you cant get the diesel to work. but i am a trying lad and i dont sleep till it does.lol.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Apparently getting some worthy gear ratios is the tricky part, as all the 4x4's were petrols and have petrol ratios.

There was a 1.9TD 4x4 estate on ebay a couple of years ago with no T/T. AFAIK it had trouble selling.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Why did you bother to import the 4x4? That must be one of the most expensive parts shipment going?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

There was a diesel 4x4, unbearably slow though...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

Apparently getting some worthy gear ratios is the tricky part, as all the 4x4's were petrols and have petrol ratios.
Quite so, as the 4x4 Bx is fitted with the lowest overall gear ratio of any of the Bx range.

Some years ago there was a dieselised version featured in the CCC magazine.

You could try different ratio gears (by using the gears from the ZX gearbox) in the gearbox and a higher ratio final drive (what would be the differential in a 2wd bx gearbox) but in the bx 4x4 the differential is moved to the transfer box.

This would however have the undesirable effect of transmitting increased torque through the notoriously weak splined coupling between the gearbox and transfer box.
djm666
BXpert

bx diesel 4x4

Post by djm666 »

i love the bx's it is my hobby and i spend all my money on it.lol. rather than drinking all the time and being on the streets i am in my garage fixing and playing. i will strip the be3 box from the diesel down and put al the gears into the 4x4 think they still have a bolt on bolt off crown wheel so should be good. no probs there. and the rest i have tons of spares of.lol.
yeah i saw the 4x4 estate td on ebay before i left the uk dunno where it went.?? or wether they got the running sorted?
i will have to try harder to get some pictures up, will have to ask my computer wizz brother.lol.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85