seat noise

BX Tech talk
djm666
BXpert

seat noise

Post by djm666 »

noise from the drivers seat when you plonk your arse into it.lol. now i am not to big but it still creaks.lol.
i pulled the seat out and found nothing to out of the ordinary, but a lot of movement in the hinge in the middle of the seat. looking at it i will have to strip it and weld a new peice of steel tube of the right size to cure it. a bit of grease has done wonders for now.lol.
any body else had these issues??
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

YES!!! :evil: :evil: The driver's seat on my bloody Athena sounds like it has terminal arthritis - every time I so much as twitch, it sounds like I've farted through a full set of strangulated haemorrhoids! Driving down a bumpy lane gives off a cacophony like a bullfrog's bloody orgy.

The damned thing's going to feel the heat of my MIG welder - as soon as it gets warm enough for an old fart to get into his workshop without his nuts dropping off or his bladder letting go! :twisted: :twisted:
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Wimp. :wink: I've been welding/grinding for the last 3 days now...not exactly pleasant but bear in mind that if your bladder does let go, it'll warm yer nuts up nicely!
I don't tend to 'feel the need' until I get back into the warmth, and then I get the 'peeing through a pepperpot' syndrome. :oops:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I only ever had the noise in those leather seats Mat now has, and it was only when someone slightly more than 'well set' sat in them.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Is it not the plastic that creaks rather than the metal frame?

Good luck welding the plastic ;)
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Ah the squeky seat problem :D

Its called Wear and Tear depends how bad it is as to how much effort you want to replace it.

Actually now you mention I had not really noticed it until now but then it blends in with those annoying dashboard creaks and rattles. Frustrating even more when they are out of reach on the passenger side and you just can not pin it down. :lol:
djm666
BXpert

seat issues

Post by djm666 »

pulled all the plastic off the seat low and behold would you beleive the noise was still present.lol. Then pulled the foam and cloth off to cut out and weld a new rod into the frame. one that had less movement in it.lol. still made noise.lol. then started with the welder.lol. used a rear arm bolt to repair it now it really it good no noise .lol. bloody marvelous.lol.
yeah i am not to well set but it still annoyed me to get in and out of the car.lol. weird that it made that much noise. but it all good now.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85