Reversing light switch

BX Tech talk
Mike Holdstock
Confirmed BX'er

Reversing light switch

Post by Mike Holdstock »

I know this is a no-brainer but - where is the switch for the reversing light and how do you most easily access it? After trip to my mechanic I discovered that the reversing lights no longer operate. Other items on the nr 1 fuse (which according to my handbook is where it is) are ok.
All suggestions gratefully received.

BTW we have had down to minus 23 C here and the 14 RE has been starting happily. Only problem is an intermittent petrol pump operation - has to be whacked to get it to wake up sometimes - since this is a Monopoint injection 14 the pump is in the tank. Anyone know a source in UK? - local breakers want 60£, new about £150.

Mike
OWNS a BX19i 1990 tri with only 110k km on the clock and no rust
OWNS a life-threatened BX16i and delighted with it (but poor relationship with test station)
HAS HAD 89 BX14iRE (dead)
HAS HAD 88 BX19GtI (dead)
HAD 89 BX14RE which was still motoring very well at 280.000km when there was too much rust (gone)
HAD about 5 GS (first 1978) in the 70's, 80's and 90's, loved them, would dearly have one again.
HAD a DS Break - Succumbed to the rust of ages..
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

the switch is in the front of the gearbox, below to the clutch arm. You should be able to access it (and the wiring) without taking anything off.
Mike Holdstock
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Mike Holdstock »

Thanks Vanny, will look and reattach.
Nice to know that I can keep my clothes on - its minus 17 out there at the moment. 8)
OWNS a BX19i 1990 tri with only 110k km on the clock and no rust
OWNS a life-threatened BX16i and delighted with it (but poor relationship with test station)
HAS HAD 89 BX14iRE (dead)
HAS HAD 88 BX19GtI (dead)
HAD 89 BX14RE which was still motoring very well at 280.000km when there was too much rust (gone)
HAD about 5 GS (first 1978) in the 70's, 80's and 90's, loved them, would dearly have one again.
HAD a DS Break - Succumbed to the rust of ages..